Mirco bubles from my atman canister

Hi, I'm a newbie and have just setup my first marine FOWLR 3ft tank using Atman canister for about 1month now. The canister is starting to blow out micro bubbles every 20 sec. Is this normal and is it ok for the fishes?

• SRC Member
Hi, I'm a newbie and have just setup my first marine FOWLR 3ft tank using Atman canister for about 1month now. The canister is starting to blow out micro bubbles every 20 sec. Is this normal and is it ok for the fishes?

check ur tank water level...maybe its too low.. ;)

top up some fresh water and observe...

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

canisters operate on a sealed siphon principle. unless your intake is ###### in air, you needn't top up the water.

When I clean my canister and turn it back on, I experience microbubbles too because air was introduced into the canister. But the microbubbles go away after that.

In your case I will logically deduce it to anaerobic activity producing gases that didn't have time to dissolve into the water and hence comes out through the outlet.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

Did the top up and still canister blowing bubbles. try to off and left it rest but still blowing bubbles. it seems erratic some times blowing every 20 sec and some times every 1~2 mins.

Bro John,

don't understand u. I know only little about anaerobic, pls explain. Is it good or bad for my tank.

I will try to clean the canister over the weekend and see after that.

• SRC Member

Mirco Bubbles are cause by the canister is having "air trap". It means there are air inside the canister. Try shaking gentlely when your canister is ON to allow all the air to be out of the canister. You should have a sponge on the intake so there will be no more micro bubbles feedback into your canister.