way of catching fish

well use a net and a small plastic tank. place both into tank and get the fish to go in . it always works for me cos the fish thinks it can swim through. then just bring up the whole tank and place into another tank. in this way you will not hurt the fish. esp those delicate ones. of cos a large chopsticks also can if you worry the fish accidentally swims into the net and gets entangled. happy catching. :)

Personally, I had success in the mornings when the lights are still off. I put some food into a net and wave it slowly in the tank. Also make sure that the wave maker is off too. Cornering the fish is always the easiest. Another tip is to get those transparent hard thin tubes, with these you can guide the fish around. Surprisingly, some of the fish aren't able to spot the transparent tube in darkness.

1) I use a mineral water bottle , throw in some bait (usually prawns) and wait for damsels ,small fishes to get in.-The most success I have, but only small fishes

2) I use a "holding plastic cage" you can get one easily at LFS, the one with top and one side access-$16 type.....clear plastics. Tie a bait and use a fish line with a fishing lead weight. Fish goes in, drop the gate!-Dont expect too much success if you fail to get the fish into the tight cage...maybe starve them 1st.

3) i use a torch light and with a net, coax the fish in! avoiding the corals and such-MESSY

vipersig.jpg