Where to buy light casing?

Octopuffy

• SRC Member

Hi Guys/Gals,

I am DIYing my T5 lightings for my 2' nano tank. Got all the stuff needed except for a nice light casing. Wonder if any of u FL lights DIYers can shed some light?

Hope to be able to find 1 casing that can house 4 x T5 light tubes. Otherwise, I'll just get 2 of those tht house 2 x T5 tubes.

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

E Ballast no need super special one. As long as the watts for per tube is ok then can already.

I asking my distributor fren to get me an Singaporean brand e ballast for 2 tubes. U wan? I ask him to get another for u.

T5 tubes i will get frm EAN, Edmund ($90 for 2')

• SRC Member

Hi Octopuffy,

Thanks for the info,

As long as the E ballast (special or no special) can drive the T5 tubes, i will get it.

Just called sinter at SLT..they are selling that for s$60 for one that can drive

2x24 w. If ur fren cheaper can let me know. :thanks:

And for the T5 tubes , are u talking about the ATI 2 ft at $45 each?

• SRC Member
Hi Octopuffy,

Thanks for the info,

As long as the E ballast (special or no special) can drive the T5 tubes, i will get it.

Just called sinter at SLT..they are selling that for s$60 for one that can drive

2x24 w. If ur fren cheaper can let me know. :thanks:

And for the T5 tubes , are u talking about the ATI 2 ft at $45 each?

U got it baby. I m talking about the ATI ones @ $45 each.

I will test the e ballast myself. If can wrk, then I let u know. I dun sell things tht doesn't wrk :lol:

Will keep u posted asap.

I will test the e ballast myself. If can wrk, then I let u know. I dun sell things tht doesn't wrk :lol:

Will keep u posted asap.

the osram t5 ballast can work..i am using it to power my ATI BluePlus 54W...works well...no sound from the ballast...quiet and cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Will keep u posted asap.

Hi octopuffy: had you cpmplete your DIY T5 lighting, really cant wait to see the result, i long plan to convert mine, but no way to go, since you friend got lobang, can pm me the price Your friend can get, btw what type of reflector you using, is it the spider?

:thanks: