54 x 24 x 30 reef tank

alexandre

You have invested so much on equipments, why dun u pay a little bit more to get good quality big live rocks? It will aid in ur scaping and reduce dead spots.

Juz my 2cts.

These are the biggest I could get! I didn't think that they were small at all.. The base ones are quite big... Don't really have any dead spots at all...

The smaller rocks at the top were the best way to hide the overflow...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Skimmer Action... I get this ever day nearly... Am using lots of Rowaphos and have stopped turning the halides on.. Rocks covered in algae...

Paramaters:

PH: 8.2

Amonia: Undetectable using salifert kit

Nitrite: Same as above

Nitrat: 5-10 PPM...

Phosphate: Undetectable

I think I'm going to try to grow some macro-algae in the sump.. In your experience, how long did your initial algae blooms last???

post-34-1194899716.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Latest Pics... btw, I solved the microbubble issue by reducing the flow to the return pump.. All the filter floss served no purpose!! amazing how you stumble upon solutions

Here is my regal tang hiding behind my gonio...

post-7517-1199028367_thumb.jpg

Juvenile Emperor.. The white bits on its fins seem to appear and then dissapear.. Don't think that it's ich but nodules growing over wounds..

post-7517-1199028441_thumb.jpg

Nice shrooms

post-7517-1199028568_thumb.jpg

Polyp extension...

post-7517-1199028709_thumb.jpg post-7517-1199028752_thumb.jpg

and another

post-7517-1199028823_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the algae growing on your rock surface are quite unsightly... I believe your live rocks are the major cause of this problem and most probably the rocks are still slowly releasing phosphate (and other nutrients)... fertilizing the algae in the process. Don't worry you have sufficient equipments to win this war :rolleyes:

Do monitor your Angels... they might peck on your corals :pinch:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica