help save my corals!

To cut the story short, I need help to save some corals and fishes.

I have corals and some fishes in pails of water now.

The corals are blowing bubbles and I think its a sign of stress

and the fishes are coming up to the surface for air..

There is air pump in the pails..

wat else can i do to keep them alive??

• SRC Member

Briefly wat happen to the main tank? Tank or water problem? Some of us may offer quick suggestions if we know of previous similar situation.

If there's air pump in the water, the fishes shdn't be coming up to grap for air then...hmm, cld it be the water parameters in the pail? You can get natural sea water delivered to you if you have no need to mix salt w water.

Briefly wat happen to the main tank? Tank or water problem? Some of us may offer quick suggestions if we know of previous similar situation.

If there's air pump in the water, the fishes shdn't be coming up to grap for air then...hmm, cld it be the water parameters in the pail? You can get natural sea water delivered to you if you have no need to mix salt w water.

hmmm.. i am just "babysitting" the fishes.. I don know wat happened.. the fishes were almost wiped out within 2 days.. i couldnt have caused the destruction rite?

what kind of parameters are u refering to? I know nuts abt fishes to be honest...

the water is bot from the fish farm...

• SRC Member

hmm, you're babysitting and not in this hobby? Then, may be difficult to know the problems. Ask the owner to call his reefer friends to help host the livestock or possible to ask the fish farm to help take care and pay some $$ till the owner claims them back?

• SRC Member

hmmm.. i am just "babysitting" the fishes.. I don know wat happened.. the fishes were almost wiped out within 2 days.. i couldnt have caused the destruction rite?

what kind of parameters are u refering to? I know nuts abt fishes to be honest...

the water is bot from the fish farm...

Perhaps U would need to read up more concerning this hobby. Reading up as a form of prepareness for this hobby is crucial n important. Knowing NOTHING abt this hobby would send death to the fishes n corals that u bought. :(

Water perimeters are important to the livestocks and corals in a tank as it ensures their survival and their means to thrives in a marine tank. Perhaps a search in the general reefing section would able u to prepare more on reefing. There are also many reefers here whom are willing to part their knowledge to u too. Should u have any questions, u might wanna posts ur Q at General Reefing too :)

Happy reefing N Happy Fishes too

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

hmm, you're babysitting and not in this hobby? Then, may be difficult to know the problems. Ask the owner to call his reefer friends to help host the livestock or possible to ask the fish farm to help take care and pay some $$ till the owner claims them back?

The owner aka my bro in law is currently overseas and will only be back on friday.

I was told to feed the fishes and tats wat i did til this happened.

• SRC Member

You may want to post where you stay, and see if there's any helpful reefers who stay nearby who doesn't mind to drop by and help you take a look what's the problem.

Are you housing the corals and fishes in the same pail? lf so, i suspect it's some dying corals (some leaks out toxins) that ruined the water and caused the fishes to surface. Separate them if you can and change to new NSW from the fish farm. Or maybe too many fishes in one pail liao.

Wat happened to the main tank then? Is there any anemone ard?

You may want to post where you stay, and see if there's any helpful reefers who stay nearby who doesn't mind to drop by and help you take a look what's the problem.

Are you housing the corals and fishes in the same pail? lf so, i suspect it's some dying corals (some leaks out toxins) that ruined the water and caused the fishes to surface. Separate them if you can and change to new NSW from the fish farm. Or maybe too many fishes in one pail liao.

Wat happened to the main tank then? Is there any anemone ard?

I've housed the corals and fishes separately..

The corals are sort of like blowing out bubbles..

and as for the fishes in the pail, i dont think there's any congestion issues here.. cos the fishes which survived are kind of small..and the water is actually bot frm the fish farm..

If this helps, there is a puffer fish in the pail as well..

so far, they've been in the pail for 3-4days...and 3 more days to go before my bil returns..

Anemone was oredi dead when i scooped it out from the tank.. i guess it has released the toxin in it and contaminated the tank and caused the expedition of the wipe out?

I have no idea what happened to the tank..

• SRC Member

Likely that your dead anemone cld have released its toxin and clashed the tank.

Not sure if this is a good idea...Maybe you want to consider helping your bro in law to remove the tank water and refill using new Natural Sea Water from fish farm supplied to you directly and add also in activated carbon? Then have the corals and fishes back in the tank? At least better than having them in the small pail for another 3 days with no skimmer no LR no filtration...dun think many can survive with the ammonia/nitrite/nitrate build up there...

Or set up a new Quarantine Tank separately, if there is one.

just my 2 cts..

good luck.

Likely that your dead anemone cld have released its toxin and clashed the tank.

Not sure if this is a good idea...Maybe you want to consider helping your bro in law to remove the tank water and refill using new Natural Sea Water from fish farm supplied to you directly and add also in activated carbon? Then have the corals and fishes back in the tank? At least better than having them in the small pail for another 3 days with no skimmer no LR no filtration...dun think many can survive with the ammonia/nitrite/nitrate build up there...

Or set up a new Quarantine Tank separately, if there is one.

just my 2 cts..

good luck.

Is there anywhere i can get the sea water at this time?

• SRC Member

hey man maybe if u wan be babysitting try getting this crucial items:

1)2ft-3ft tank.

2)Ammonia test kit

3)Nitrite test kit

4)Nitrate test kit

5)Calcium supplements for corals.

6)Pails(Btw ur pail gt use before to wash clothes or not???)

7)Salt(no cooking salt plz.)

8)Internal filter

You would like some of these stuffs u can check out our sponsors forum and call them up.

Btw where do you live if not i can come and give some aid on what is going on.

girlone.png