FOC

Nobody will give your FOC fishes if you are a newbie to marine aquariums. :erm: We preach responsible reefkeeping and we also frown on unrealistic demands.

How much do you know about fish species that you are confident about keeping them and do you know the limitations of a 2ft tank? :nuke:

Since you are 'new' here, suggest you also try to give as much information about yourself and your tank before you come here and expect people to be charitable towards you. ;)

my 2 cents,

AT

• SRC Member

haiya go to the library and research about the fishes.Even I who haven't even start marine do my research for more than two months.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Hi,

i am a newbie on Marine and just setup my first 2ft Marine tank.

I got all tester and the water is safe.

I got 3 clown fishes from C328, they are all fine.

Now looking for generous ppl who are giving away their fishes for FOC...

Thanks. :D

Many times, FOC stuffs are beyond our control.... for example you may get damsels that is much bigger than your clowns and when put together, fighting occur and end up losing your clowns....

Do some simple research on the fish that you wish to add with the link provided by the folks here... It's really simple... and you only stand to gain more rather than receiving FOC fish from reefers.....

My 2 cents :)

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

Thanks bro,

actually i spoken to VanDeam on phone....

He taught me alot on the Marine Setup...

I will visit him and gain more knowledge about equiment and basic requirement first before i really start off with everything...

Really appreciate alot for all replies...

Moderator kindly closed this thread.

I usually don't bother writing replies in threads but I've gotta say this.

If you've read the past threads, you would be wary of the person that you are gonna deal with soon enough.

Now, i believe that other fellow reefers here would warn you not to trust this person as well.

So, right now, I wish to say this. If you still decide to find him to help you with all the stuff pertaining to keeping marine. Do not come into the forum complaining and whining that something has happened and that you regret not heeding the advice of others.

My 2 cents.

I've met VanDeam and I suggest to all that there's always more than meets the eye...esp with hearsay being passed around become gospel truth.

I would like all those who have had dealings with him - good and bad, to pm me your experience.

• SRC Member

Several victims have already shared their actual encounters here. http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58254

Yup, l think it's fair to him if good encounters can be shared too for a balanced view.

AT, if poss, hope you can share those positive encounters by other reefers with us too since he has been keeping quiet all these while and pm newbies directly for sales.

• SRC Member

Allow me to air my view....

Is the sale transaction deal done thru some kind of "pressurized" thingy? If not then it is your decision to buy at that price that is at fault.... I'm sure everyone of us have some experiences of after buying something at one place and then found the same thing cheaper at another place.... Stuffs have no fixed price.... To ensure you get the best price is to do some research before committing.

The question you have to ask yourself is "what make you decide without research even though it cost this much?" Think about it. Sometimes it boils down to altitude towards many things in life. Maybe by paying so much that you will treasure the corals more and hence taking great care for their survival.

When I first start reefing, someone ever told me before there are a group of reefers whereby every few months will visit the LFS to replenish the corals to make his tank look nice..... so if every corals cost so much, will this happen?

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

Emmamuelle,

I guess really you have to decide for yourself if he is trustworthy or not... if he can offer you what you want and you trust he can deliver and there is fair dealing involved.... by all means.

Good luck and happy reefing!

AT

• SRC Member

I typically prefer to keep my opinions on dealings within any forums to myself...but here it is for the first time...

Maybe I've been fortunate, but my dealings with v_nd___m have been fair.

If he's selling stuff at a price that you're willing to pay, then so be it.

There is an implied code of honor within this forum that if you are given something or have purchased something at a low price from another reefer, then you should pass on that item to another reefer with the same act of charity. Some will keep to that code, some won't.

If I'd purchased an item from a LFS for $20, and have found it at another LFS for $10, then that's the last time I'll buy from that LFS. But I've also found that there are other items at that same LFS that are reasonably priced.

I've purchased items from other reefers that have been fairly priced, and others that have been priced higher. But I made that decision to buy without being forced into the purchase.

In the second hand market, the term "buyer beware", must always be remembered.

Goodness SAKE.. It is JUST MARINE FISH KEEPING :ooh:

Btw want f.o.c you can go check out Raffles Marina's Docking platforms, pontoons... haha lots of nice softies... cant resist, kinda missed those days were you can snorkel for really nice sea fans in the lagoons of Sentosa :evil: