Is using fish hook to hook fish out a good option?

• SRC Member

Hi bros, i have a crazy blue tang in my tank, it has been nibbling at my brain coral. Getting really piss off with it liao, set up fish trap and it dun even wanna go near! its been 2 weeks. And i dun wanna remove my rocks, so is using a hook a good option?? Really ran out of ideas le.. hope u guys can help mi out!!! Thanks... :(

• SRC Member
Hi bros, i have a crazy blue tang in my tank, it has been nibbling at my brain coral. Getting really piss off with it liao, set up fish trap and it dun even wanna go near! its been 2 weeks. And i dun wanna remove my rocks, so is using a hook a good option?? Really ran out of ideas le.. hope u guys can help mi out!!! Thanks... :(

you can try placing the brain coral inside the trap and see whether the blue tang gets in?.. :lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member
Tried that method too, but that tang die die also dun wanna go near the trap.. :angry:

hmmz....u gotta leave the coral inside for a few times for the fish to familiarise with the environment then he dare to go inside the trap.....u can try seaweed too...

last resort...fish him out wif a very tiny hook?.. <_<

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

You can try it as I've done it before. Go to the angling supplies shop, buy the smallest possible hook used for baitfishing... tamban hook.... in local terms.... make sure that you crush the barb so the fish's mouth will be untraumatized. It should be fun! ;)

• SRC Member

A.T is right. Try getting the Tamban hook as it is small. :) Hook a tiny piece of prawn meat to entice the fellow to eat. I have tried this method, and successfully fishes out 4 fishes at one go. Solved all my big small headaches :P

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

i need to catch out my bristletooth and foxface... if it works, i dun mind giving it a shot. how much is the tamban hooks? i only seen those with several hooks in 1 line.. how to catch this with so many? cut the rest?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Yes the tamban hooks come in multiples.... you may have to modify a little to get a long enough line if you only want to use one ie. cut the rest out. Its cheap.

• SRC Member

Er... come to think of it, I actually uses prawn fishing hook to catch all the buggars out. But tamban hook could be used too, jus one hook will do, else u got a string of ur fishes all hooked to the tamban hooks :lol::P:pinch:

Try to attach a weight so tat the hook can sink down swiftly, if not the hook with the prawn meat will sure be snap up by other fishes tat u dun intend to fish out. :evil: Maybe I will try to upload a pix to show how I do up a hook with the weight for clearer illustration :rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

better still.. lend me ur fishing hook.. hahaha.. :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

LolZ! HAve Yet to buy the hook... dunno where to find fish shop selling hooks... Need to get it out real fast man, its really crazy, starting to nip at other corals liao. ITS MAD!!!! Argggggg.... oh ya, after hooking it out, will its mouth got a hole? loL.. and will it recover? Never fish b4..so not really sure how to do it.. and ya, how do i remove the hook from its mouth... hahah

• SRC Member

bro, if you really need the hook i can go and find my tackle box. i think i got couple unused give you FOC for you onli... but need to collect in hougang.

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500

• SRC Member

Hi all, this is the prawn hook with the weight and clip attached to the fishing line. As the hook is quite small, therefore injuring the fish's mouth is quite minimum. It is also quite easy to remove the hook from the mouth so I dun foresee any problem :D

post-6-1182442367.jpg

WAIT!!!

one last matter:

use a mirror,

i believe you have a beta box,leave it in your tank for afew days,let the tang get use to it.then put a mirror in the beta box standing up right..

trust me it works,your blue tang will go in.

reasons:they like to attack their own kind.get the picture?

the rest you know what to do...

cheers-Homer

• SRC Member

hhaha bro, the method u mentioned i also tried le... dunno y this fellow so smart... anyway, i juz rescaped my tank... for the mr blue tang... spend 8 hours rescaping(but still look bad)... juz bath come out.. hahaha... Finally!!! mr blue is caught =/

• SRC Member
hhaha bro, the method u mentioned i also tried le... dunno y this fellow so smart... anyway, i juz rescaped my tank... for the mr blue tang... spend 8 hours rescaping(but still look bad)... juz bath come out.. hahaha... Finally!!! mr blue is caught =/

congratulations..!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock: