End of cycling process?

Hi all, I need some advice here. I just got a NC24 from Aquamarin on Saturday. It was setup the very night with existing water and live rocks. Added a couple of bacteria pills yesterday. I did a test today and got a result of PH 7.8, Ammonia, NO2 and NO3 at 0 ppm.

Does this mean my tank is actually ready, or does it mean nothing has started yet? From what I understand, Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite will start to get excessive at different stages of the cycling process. Is it right for test results to be normal for a 3 days old tank?

• SRC Member
Hi all, I need some advice here. I just got a NC24 from Aquamarin on Saturday. It was setup the very night with existing water and live rocks. Added a couple of bacteria pills yesterday. I did a test today and got a result of PH 7.8, Ammonia, NO2 and NO3 at 0 ppm.

Does this mean my tank is actually ready, or does it mean nothing has started yet? From what I understand, Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite will start to get excessive at different stages of the cycling process. Is it right for test results to be normal for a 3 days old tank?

is your LRs cured?....i remember when i first start up my 2ft tank, i only cycle the tank for 3 days then i place all my old corals back into the tank....no casualties...

but to be safe...run it for at least 1 week.. ;)

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Thanks a lot Alvin. I am surprised as I was intending to wait for 2 weeks. I believe Aquamarine must have cured the live rocks thoroughly before installing them from me.

I'm still waiting for the skimmer and chiller to arrive. I'll install those first before adding in any livestock.

It's nice to know it's possible to get a tank running in 3 days.

• SRC Member
Thanks a lot Alvin. I am surprised as I was intending to wait for 2 weeks. I believe Aquamarine must have cured the live rocks thoroughly before installing them from me.

I'm still waiting for the skimmer and chiller to arrive. I'll install those first before adding in any livestock.

It's nice to know it's possible to get a tank running in 3 days.

its possible....but high risk... :lol::lol:

1 advantage is my livestock are all old timers....so they are quite stable already... :D

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Tip: stock up SLOWLY and monitor the parameters again... the parameters may be stable because you probably have zero bioload now. Once you have stuff in there, start feeding... you'll then go through a natural spike which may not be dangerous but enough to start seeing nuisance algae... which is perfectly normal btw.

Happy Reefing and do show us your progress here in SRC! :)

• SRC Member
Thanks a lot Achilles. I did further tests today and felt confident enough for 1 damsel. I probably won't add anything else for another week. I hope this is the correct pace.

:o:o:o

the damsel will be the notorious king in your tank... :evil::evil:

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

• SRC Member
I guess the best of monsters is still a monster.

:lol::lol::lol:

enjoy reefing.. :D

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock: