Visit to Singapore

crumbletop

Good evening!

I am coming to Singapore to visit with my parents. I live in Nashville, Tennessee, USA and will be there for about 10 days starting this Wednesday. In Nashville, I am the President of the Middle Tennessee Reef Club (http://www.mtrc.org/) and participate in our club forum on reef central (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdis...php?forumid=286).

My tank is a 90 gallon, and is mostly SPS. It has been up for about a year and is beginning to fill in nicely. All the SPS started from small frags. Here are some pics from a couple of months ago (not an amazing tank, I know, but it is growing :)):

Full Tank:

Tank%20-%20May%202007%20-%201.jpg

Left Side #1:

Tank%20-%20May%202007%20-%202.jpg

Left Side#2:

Tank%20-%20May%202007%20-%203.jpg

Right Side:

Tank%20-%20May%202007%20-%204.jpg

I imagine I'll be recovering from jet lag for several days, but I would love to know about some good Reef related stores there, as well as any great reef tank displays I might be able to see. Can anyone give me some pointers on where to go and what to see?

Thanks!

Jack

• SRC Member

visit one of our sponsor irwana at pasir ris...definitely worth your trip there... :D

one of the most constant LFS that brings in sps and lps shipments...

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Hi Jack and welcome to the Singapore Reef Club! :)

Will be to meet up a fellow head of a reef club for coffee or something! I'll drop you a PM.

Cheers

AT

Thanks to all that have replied or sent me PMs. I'm here in Singapore (Queenstown). You have a very beautiful city. I have been here once before, maybe 15 years ago, but that was only for a day. For those of you who left me your phone # I called (got a full box on one person). I'm trying to set up something with Achilles Tang for next Wednesday. I'd love to see a beautiful tank or two. Something to inspire me :D

BTW, the equipment I have on my 90 for those who are interested is:

2x6000 Tunze Streams on 7095 controller

6x54W T5 lighting with individual parabolic reflectors. The mix of bulbs approximates 14K (a little blue).

Tunze 9010 skimmer.

Tunze osmolator for Topoff.

DIY kalk reactor

Ocean Runner 2500 Return Pump.

Percision Marine chemical filter with carbon changed out every 2 weeks (eheim 1250 drives this).

I dose Randy Holmes-Farley's 2-part recipe for Ca and Alk.

Neptune Systems AquaController Jr on split GCFI circuits (lights on one circuit, pumps and heaters on the other circuit).

RO/DI water with Instant Ocean salt. 15% water change every 2 weeks.

Ca 410

Alk 3.1 meq/l

pH 8.1 - 8.3

Mg 1450

NO3 0

PO4 0

My bioload consists of a kole tang, firefish, 2 captive bread oscillaris clowns, 6-line wrasse.

• SRC Member

Welcome to Singapore Jack. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Do drink more water here for the warm weather here. = )

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||