ATI & AquaScience T5

gny

• SRC Member

Hi there bro,

i found the test article very interesting too, but its abit vague on the details leh. and they should perhaps have used a third brand of bulbs so that there's more of a basis for comparison.

did you manage to find the article on how individual and fixture reflectors make a difference to output? apparently they mentioned that when they tested a single reflector for six bulbs versus six bulbs with individual reflectors, the findings surprised them, but i havent managed to source that article.

cheers,

ian

Hi Iantoh,

I did not find the article on how individual fixture reflectors impact on its light output. But in my oppinion, it is one major factor to consider...

Going back to this article, final results(colour/growth) is very much depends on individual liking.

There is a more detailed report in German with more pictures. This is the link.

At the bottom page, there is another 4 links showing different duration stages.

ATI & AquaScience report in German

• SRC Member

Hi bro gny,

did you notice too, that under the aquascience tubes, the acroporids seemed to have a stronger digitate growth form, with their branches rising up, whilst the ATi tubes seemed to encourage a wider, more tabling growth form?

like between these two pieces from the same parent colony:

07_Narva_Sylvan_AE3.jpg

cheers

ian

• SRC Member

Hi there bellamallow,

i'm not so sure about that actually. i would think that PAR alone is an incomplete measure of the light a bulb emits, as there's still lumens and CRI to note.

all the same, according to RC's GrimReefer's latest tests, the Korallen-Zucht tubes give significantly great PAR than the ATi tubes, but i'm not sure that means the former is for sure a better tube though.

• SRC Member

i have an input....tubes with more red spectrum usually clock more "par" under the meter...

With more red in the tubes. they may appear yellowish...

Hi Iantoh,

From this report, I do notice(fr the pictures) growth is better under AquaScience. As for its colouration, it very much depends on individual taste.

But I do prefer AquaScience...

This comparison study will always create a lot of 'discussions' among reefers, but the most important of all is what the corals 'sees' under different T5 tubes, be it ATI, Aquascience, Giesemann, D-D, Aquaz etc.

An the end of the day, reefers will choose their T5s for their tanks :peace:

Hi Iantoh,

Yes, I used 2(AquaScience 15k) of them fr mar 06~Jan 07, the other 2 is ATI.

Now all 4 are ATIs(3 Aquablue special & 1 blue plus).

Since the change to 4 ATIs, I can say AquaScience T5s is better.

But as I said b4, it very much depends on the tank setup and personal preference :D

How I wish AquaScience T5 is cheaper... :whistle

Cheers