Project Reef: Ocean's Three

redmushroom

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Just reach home , Fish alive , just release him , hiding will update ya :)

nice setup pleasure to view it live :P

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• SRC Member
Just reach home , Fish alive , just release him , hiding will update ya :)

nice setup pleasure to view it live :P

Haha am glad the fish is well and fine. Take good care of him ya..... he has been with me for over 2 years.... and is fondly called Baku. :rolleyes:

Anyway my set-up is still nothing much to talk about.... thanks for the pointers you shared bro.... happy reefing meanwhile... cheers!! :P

• SRC Member

How do u know it's female? :P

Wanna mate with my son? (even though i don't know its gender) :wub: Hee Hee..!

Haha all royal grammas are born female... but may eventually change its ###### to a male. Males are more colourful than the female and will darken when they are ready to mate and are also generally larger in size bro. :P

What is it about mating with your SON?!?!?! :shock::shock:

Whoah... i dun think it'd be a good idea... unless you're talking about a fish too... :lol::lol:

He's a very shy fish..... hiding in the rocks the moment he was released... and he's still hiding as i am typing this now.... :lol:

Hi, very nice setup you have.

Got myself a candy hog as well and notice his behaviour seems to be more aggressive towards wrasse. Didn't want that to restrict myslelf getting more wrasse.

Can update if you see any aggressive behaviour in your tank. I was thinking to catch it out if it is going to dominate towards other wrasse.

Some of their names Twinspot Hog, Two Spot Hog, Twinspot Hogfish, candy hog wrasse, etc.

As for the Black cap, i don't think there will be much problem if there is enough space to hide. I currently house 4 royal gamma and 2 black cap. All have their own teritory to guard. ;) maybe i'm lucky as i heard numerious story before trying as well.

Thanks in advance :)

• SRC Member

Hi, very nice setup you have.

Got myself a candy hog as well and notice his behaviour seems to be more aggressive towards wrasse. Didn't want that to restrict myslelf getting more wrasse.

Can update if you see any aggressive behaviour in your tank. I was thinking to catch it out if it is going to dominate towards other wrasse.

Some of their names Twinspot Hog, Two Spot Hog, Twinspot Hogfish, candy hog wrasse, etc.

As for the Black cap, i don't think there will be much problem if there is enough space to hide. I currently house 4 royal gamma and 2 black cap. All have their own teritory to guard. ;) maybe i'm lucky as i heard numerious story before trying as well.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello there wonder,

my candy hog is now swimming openly and happily in my tank. He is the shy inhabitant and i have yet to notice any form of aggression from his part yet. :rolleyes:

Instead, it is the laboutei wrasse that is slightly more aggressive. Haha nevertheless, i will keep you updated on this matter la. :D

Oh ya and as for the black cap, it is indeed living well and peacefully with my royal gramma. Apart from some initial taunting from both parties when the black cap was first introduced, they are doing fine now. The important thing here is sufficient space for all to live i reckon. :lol:

So i guess we make 2 lucky reefers in keeping royal grammas and black caps together. :lol: Anyway it must be quite a big tank you have bro, keeping so many fishes! Maybe i should visit your tank someday...... haha

Will read your update.

BTW, it is almost impossible to resist from buying especially if our tank is empty :) . Anyway, be careful when you rush to stock up especially for tang. As it will cause imbalance to your bio load and tang usually invite ich when they are slightly stress :) . Just my 2 cents.

For this reason (without a tang), I can keep a lot more fishes in a single tank :lol:

• SRC Member
Will read your update.

BTW, it is almost impossible to resist from buying especially if our tank is empty :) . Anyway, be careful when you rush to stock up especially for tang. As it will cause imbalance to your bio load and tang usually invite ich when they are slightly stress :) . Just my 2 cents.

For this reason (without a tang), I can keep a lot more fishes in a single tank :lol:

Haha i totally agree..... ever since i decided to introduce the first form of life into the tank... i couldn't stop since. :lol:

However, i'll try my best to stock up in a rate at which the tank can handle.... and for now i have no intentions of adding any tangs yet. Maybe a YT in future when my reef is more established. For now, its percs, basslets and wrasses. :D

Are you sure that we can keep more fishes if we decide not to have any tangs bro? :shock:

Sounds interesting... altho i have never heard of that.... maybe you're talking about bioload?

• SRC Member
Anyway, there will be no pictures of my corals for now. Keep you guys in suspense first la.... :lol:

Will post some pictures of my weekend purchase once the pics are uploaded.... :P

hi bro.

wana chk with you how many hrs u on your lites? your tank top is fully covered or expose?

my chiller kicks in often-maybe due to the full height cabinet.i set my chiller to 27.5.

does your chiller kick in often?

• SRC Member

hi bro.

wana chk with you how many hrs u on your lites? your tank top is fully covered or expose?

my chiller kicks in often-maybe due to the full height cabinet.i set my chiller to 27.5.

does your chiller kick in often?

Hello MAG,

My lights are switched on for a total of 12 hours a day. They work on timers, with the first set (1 x Aquablue Spezial and 1 x Blue Plus) coming on from 1030hrs to 2230hrs, and the second set (2 x Aquablue Spezial) from 1230hrs to 2030hrs.

My lights are placed on the hood, which is 8" in height, so effectively i reckon my lights are elevated about 5" from the water surface. Other than that, there is nothing else covering the the top of the tank so ventilation of heat is still ok. B)

So far, i have yet to spare the time to observe my chiller kick-in times, so i'm still unable to give u a definite answer. A ball park figure would be around 40mins on, 1.5hrs off.

Hope this helps bro, cheers! :D