David's Nano Cube 24G - Beginner Journey

thedidavid

Finally I can start putting life stock to NC 24G.... :) after cycling for 8 days. In the first I still afraid to put life stock, so decided to buy 3 x damsel fish for testing and 2 x tiny hermit crabs. First these fishes only hiding at the bottom (shocked :blink: maybe), but after 1/2 hours I sprinkle fish pellets all spring up and having fiesta. I guess my tank is okay. So today decided to buy anothe LF, one clown fish, one box fish, and two corals. I bought sun coral and buttons.

I still thinking what to add in the coming next week.

Anyone can advice me how to take care the reef system if we are on holiday and no one takecare for 1-2 weeks, will it survive?

Thanks.

post-69-1185294267.jpg

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• SRC Member

Bro,

Thats not a button. That looks more like a gonio.

The best way to test if your tank is ready for livestock is by testing the water parameters using testkits and not using live fishes. Damsels are quite hardy fishes and can tolerate poor water parameters. 8 days cycling period is abit short, do monitor your fishes and corals closely. Also, stock up very slowing since you have a small water volume. Try to limit the number of livestock since 24G is not really not big volume. If you are not running a skimmer, do consider to put in more live rocks to help with the nutrients breakdown.

Bro,

Thats not a button. That looks more like a gonio.

The best way to test if your tank is ready for livestock is by testing the water parameters using testkits and not using live fishes. Damsels are quite hardy fishes and can tolerate poor water parameters. 8 days cycling period is abit short, do monitor your fishes and corals closely. Also, stock up very slowing since you have a small water volume. Try to limit the number of livestock since 24G is not really not big volume. If you are not running a skimmer, do consider to put in more live rocks to help with the nutrients breakdown.

Thanks for the correction. Before I put LS I tested the water parameters. I only detect nitrate so I decided to put LS.

• SRC Member
My yellow sunnies open up 24 hours but the black sunnies only open when I feed it with Henry Reef Gourment :blink:

It takes times for sunnies to open for long for the first time.

I target feeding for few day already, so far no open le...

Where you get yr black Sunnie, me looking for it too...

Update, Installed Skimz FR for my SORB-4 with one first casualty in my tank. The first installation pump was too big and pumping the SORB-4 to my tank and made the water like Tea-O. My beloved boxy pass away due to this problem :( Today baugt h Eheim compact pump 600 l/hr and it works perfectly.

post-69-1186141068.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My pink prata...feeding mode. Light off only with LED (photo taken with flash)

From three pratas at my tank only the red one is very temperamental and stressed easily....I wish I can send it to woodbridge to straighten it.

post-69-1187710108.jpg