• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

hi iyz77.

well tank maker did suggest aquatronica and i believe its a good equipment too but minister of finance says later lah heehee...

rather spend on important equipment 1st eg skimmer & fr. furthermore my is only fowlr...maybe next time when hand itchy goi into corals than ill consider.

• SRC Member
Bro MAG, I'm not sure if it is recommended to put powerstrip at the hood to connect the lightings. IMHO, i recommend the cables to run somewhere the salt content will not get into the plug.

As you know the evaporation and the hood, bracing of the tank always have collection of salt content, i'm just afraid that the power strip might not be able to last long enough as the contact points and cables inside are copper. Also you might want to ask the hinges are stainless steel. For the hydrolic arm, it will tend to rust and in time it need to get replace. That what i experience time to time.

I'm getting my tank fix first then will also start posting the doing up process. Also asking my contractors to do up all the stainless steel hinges.

Lets meet up sometime and discuss more... i've got my aquatronica and can't wait to get it fix in the new tank.

hi burneri. well was told that no matter where you install the powerstrip it will definately expose to salt content.

maybe when times up than chg heehee..how to add the smiley faces?tried clicking but to no avail.

lookinfg fwd to your posting bro.

now cycling period-tank kind of boring. mite wana put chromis in after lights are up.

• SRC Supporter

hi bro,my experince with chromis is that try not to add them first if u are gonna add some gentle slow eaters later, cos chromis are fast eater they will scare ur slow eaters aaway.. juz my 2cents worth :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
looking good.. great choice to chose AM. steve and guys work are excellent.

hi red devils: thx for the compliment.

yup hv to agree that steve+company are pro.

so are you manu fan?

me since bryan robson time...

• SRC Member
huh.... ur skimmer still wanna upgrade? hehe.. upgrade muz drop mi pm hor :) or switching to a beckett?

hi soup.

thx for the complimentary. hope the waver maker is good to you. actually i myself never open the box cos after i bought it fr hongkong it went straight into store room.

a friend of my using that and it looks great in his tank. thats why i bought it. do you how much it cost in sin?

still got one more box-if any of your kakis interested sms me ok.

upgarding skimmer??no la...i think deltex is good enough despite my 1st time using it cos feed back is very good.

• SRC Member
i is like your tank very much!

hi tay thx for the complimentary.

hope my pic can inspire you. thats what i did b4 i upgraded-went thru members tread and look at how they set up and got ideas fr there.

• SRC Member

Deltec is good bah.. to be honest ive neber used it.. but many ppl recommend it.. but someone once told mi.. HnS is juz a gimmick... compare it to reef octo and such, theres no difference.. unless u get a deltec then its a different thing.. (hmmm is this true?)

Yea im soaking the wavemaker in water now.. haha the smell really too strong.. untill i see the word "toxic" flash before my eyes.. but mayb its just me :) no harm dipping it in water overnite aniwaez thx a lot! I will ask if my dad is interseted in it for his office tank

• SRC Member
hi bro,my experince with chromis is that try not to add them first if u are gonna add some gentle slow eaters later, cos chromis are fast eater they will scare ur slow eaters aaway.. juz my 2cents worth :)

yup i heard about the chromis will whack all the food b4 others can reach..but i like schooling fishes and chromis are one of them-affordable and nice.

i ever wanted to just scape my previous 4fts tank in a very zen way and just put a bunch of chromis..but that idea never come thru...

• SRC Member
Deltec is good bah.. to be honest ive neber used it.. but many ppl recommend it.. but someone once told mi.. HnS is juz a gimmick... compare it to reef octo and such, theres no difference.. unless u get a deltec then its a different thing.. (hmmm is this true?)

Yea im soaking the wavemaker in water now.. haha the smell really too strong.. untill i see the word "toxic" flash before my eyes.. but mayb its just me :) no harm dipping it in water overnite aniwaez thx a lot! I will ask if my dad is interseted in it for his office tank

you mean the rounded stuff really that smelly meh? weird i took out the one i hv from the box seams ok leh.

someone ask me whats the flow rate for the wavemaker?do you know? i cant read chinese.

• SRC Member

Ok gimme a while i go read and i tell u~

Ok u noe wat? There isnt any instructions for flowrate other than the assembly issues.... aniwaez i asked 2 or 3 other similar ones b4 and the flow is max 1200l/hr recommended :) makes sense too as the outlet seems small so if its too strong also can use.. but pressure is cut down severely lor.. and well... erh... not good for ur return pump if its not T-off

I just came back from my trip... no time to read all ur postings... keep ur pix coming and looking good :D:D:D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hi Bro....

Nice meeting you, nice & big tank you have.

See when free gonna visit you again, may be can go farm together one day.

After viewing yr tank setup, i hope new house, my minister or finance controller allow me to have a marine tank at home.

• SRC Member

Wonderful Setup bro, Catch up again.

Will post my tank maing process next week after the tank maker come over to fix some cracks in the IOS

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500

• SRC Member

hiz there, nice tank in the making. u are really kiasu man by placing 2 UV, that makes 72W in total but im sure ur fishes and water condition will surely benefit from it.

i felt u should lower ur water level in ur sump to around the top of ur black sponge or below the comb area. this will help reduce tinny bubbles from entering ur main tank thru ur returns. On top of that, wrap the outlet of the skimmer with 1 or 2 filter bags, it will greatly reduce the tiny bubbles and water splash.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
yo bro, yea a man u fan.. haha! anyway they might not school after awhile no idea why too.. but can ask arnd some pple experince it.. mine sch at times only..

yup im manu fan. u too huh.

dont expect much from them this season cos new players need time to adjust--just like marine fishes hahahah

• SRC Member
I just came back from my trip... no time to read all ur postings... keep ur pix coming and looking good :D:D:D

hi jervismun. thx for the compliment. do you know that i went thru all the tread you posted as part of my planning.

ur posting inspire me to be detail in my posting cos it does help me a lot for better understanding.

i did mentioned you to steve and but of course he knows you heehee..

hi jervismun. thx for the compliment. do you know that i went thru all the tread you posted as part of my planning.

ur posting inspire me to be detail in my posting cos it does help me a lot for better understanding.

i did mentioned you to steve and but of course he knows you heehee..

• SRC Member
more pis.....! :lol:

hi iyz77..ill post more pic once the light are up.

its actually very simple fowlr set up. due to work commitment my tank got to be as simple and easy to maintain possible. dont want to come back from overseas and c fishes kkk...heehee