chiller recommendation

terryansimon

any reefers out there with chillers to recommend me for such a tank? helping my friend enquire. he doesn't want second hand stuff by the way. don't ask me why. any sarcastic comments for that statement, please keep it to yourself...because its not me. I'm just helping him do a favour, thats all. (=

so. any recommendations? urh budget is not an issue, I think.

There are many brands of chillers in the market. We have the "ang mo", Teco, the "chi-na", Hailea and Resun, the "kim-chi", Daeil and the "singa", Eido and Reef Relief.

Recommend a 1hp chiller for your friend's tank, though some may want to dispute that a 1/2hp can also do the same job. A few points to look at :

1) Price :

Teco's price is around $3k. For more than 1/2 the price you can get the others. DIY if you think you can get it cheaper.

2) Performance :

Not easy to compare as the specifications differ due to different standards.

3) After sales service :

Can the brand offer you the fastest response time to service your chiller? Can you afford the long delay while the chiller is being serviced? A temporary used chiller may transfer potential biological problems from an unknown source to your tank.

• SRC Member

I guess the more important points to take note is that whether the chiller can last, reliable, performance (how long it takes to chill to temperate), noise and power consumption in long run.

My friend once told me that his house stay have a working Mitsubishi fridge in the 60's.

Tank 4x2x2.5