Corallife Salt

darren

• SRC Member

Just got a bag of corallife salt(was previously using tropic marine). it came with a small packet of trace elements. what do i do with it? well i stupidly mixed the liquid element into the salt and store them in my salt bucket. now i have a bucket of corallife rock salt. can be scrapped to powder form again but has the damage been done? what is the proper use of the trace elements?

regards,

darren

• SRC Member

You squirt the liquid to your bag of salt??

That is suppose to the minerals in liquid form which you are supposed to mix together with your freshly mix saltwater.

Moisture in your salt bag will cause it to harden.

• SRC Member
how would u know how much to dose to the water? oh man, then they shouldn't pack it like a pac of chilli sauce...

actually, it is Coralife fault as they did'nt indicate the amount to add in and the packaging of the trace element is for 1 time use.... guess they expect the user to used up the whole pkt of salt and add the whole pkt of trace at 1 time..

• SRC Member

i used 3/4 packets of the salt, and i just squirt the whole content into the mixture. then i used the water. it's been like 3 months since i started doing that, but so far so good.

• SRC Member
I think I would just dump the whole thing into the tank.

better to have more trace elements than zero, right?

then again I may be wrong. :P

my sentiments exactly.