RED BAMBOO/ NTUC distill water

• SRC Member

hi bro.. beside growing cheato in the sump which actually a fact that it absorb the nutrient from the water which promote Nuisance hairy algae grow, how about red bamboo algae ? QN1 :does red bamboo also serve the same purpose to absorb the nutrient?

3 stages DI serve the purpose of eliminating impurilies which promote nuisance algae growth.

beside using DI water, im using those NTUC distil water which indicate impuritilies free according to the label. QN2 : is it much better than DI unit? beside comparing to the cost?

tks....

---2Ft Cube by MarineLife---2008-2009

http://w w w.absolutereef . com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12369

Skimmer: Deltec APF600 feeder by Eheim 1250

Lighting: Solite 150MH 14k

Supplement: Giesemann T5 Razor, Actinic Plus ~22k

Top-up: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

Return: Eheim 1260

Reactor: Skimz FR Rowaphos

---------------------------------------------------------

---1.5Ft Cube by Iwarna---2010- ???

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95312-nano-15-cube/

Tank: 1.5Ft Cube,Sump with Chengai Wood Cabinate

skimmer: Reef Oct Nw110

Return: Eheim 1250

Chiller: Hailea HC150A with feeder Eheim Compact 1000

Reactor: Phosphan with Rowaphos

Lighting: MaxSpec G2 110w,DELighting T5 ATI*2,Giesemann T5 Razor ATI*2

WaveMaker: MP10 VorTech

Top Up : ATO with Tank

-------------------------Your Advice is my Success

hi bro.. beside growing cheato in the sump which actually a fact that it absorb the nutrient from the water which promote Nuisance hairy algae grow, how about red bamboo algae ? QN1 :does red bamboo also serve the same purpose to absorb the nutrient?

3 stages DI serve the purpose of eliminating impurilies which promote nuisance algae growth.

beside using DI water, im using those NTUC distil water which indicate impuritilies free according to the label. QN2 : is it much better than DI unit? beside comparing to the cost?

tks....

i am using Life distill water as it register 1ppm from my TDS meter .

I do not know about NTUC's , but do watch out for the difference between mineral water and distilled. :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Chaeto grows much faster, and they are easier to take care of. Red bamboo growth rate is a bit slower, but red bamboo is tang favourite. I don't think they like to eat chaeto at all, tried mine many times. Can try red bamboo feeding for your tang, they will grow real fat, the results is very obvious when you compare one with pellet feeding and one with red bamboo feeding. Actually the distilled water is not better than DI, but it just save you the trouble of making your own DI water. Since bro hammy tested with his TDS meter, I'm sure it is quite a good deal to buy instead of using DI or RO water from your machines. But I'm wondering if distilled water have the same content of oxygen level or not?