m620 help

godzillaliu88

• SRC Member

i kept my m620 in the store for some time. i took it out to test recently and it doesnt seem to work.

i tested my m820, the vibration of the motor can be felt. it started to pump water after some time.

the 620, i didnt feel any vibration, it was quiet.

could it be spoilt?

if it is spoilt, is there anywhere that i can repair?

• SRC Member

U must dismantle everything and take a look at the impellor part to see whether is it struck. It is common that pumps stop working after storage 'cos of the dried minerals deposit which were not cleaned properly before keeping. If it is struck, it may be a bit difficult to loosen so soak the whole thing in hot water for sometime and try again... (using the hot expand cold contract theory)

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

Then soak the whole thing in for a while before attempting... I think the deposits have dried too long and cake up the joints and thus making it almost impossible to open...

soak everything in distilledbenigar and try again.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
oh. okay. ill try the hot water method.

i opened the casing.. there's like a black plastic material to prevent water from gettin into the motor.

the black thing will melt in hot water?

Black plastic material? Can't recall such part in a m620... I have no idea whether will it melt or not.... no venture no gain.... or you try the "distilledbenigar".

• SRC Member
distilledbenigar?

the black thing is kinda melted in.

i've got a pic

Aiyoyo.... this shows that u never opened up a pump b4 :blink: not offend la... everything also got first time one.

U r suppose to dismantle the "mouth" of the pump, not the back. There are several parts that hold the whole thing together.... Do your best to open that "mouth" if cannot use the hot water soak method. Once u dismantle everything, give it a good cleanup and then fixed everything back and test it.

Pumps are actually very durable stuff. The things that spoil easily are the parts that rotate inside. Just be careful when handling internal portion especially the shaft.

• SRC Member

Oh ya... juz put the cover in place and don't worry about it. That part is actually the waterproofing for the electrical stuff in pump. If there is any electricity leakage, that is the part that need to look closely....

• SRC Member
oooh. i'll try to dimental from the mouth.

the parts seems to be fitted tightly.. just use some force it will come out?

Use reasonable force without breaking the parts. If cannot open, soak in hot water.

• SRC Member

aiyo T_T bro if u need , drop by my place i think i have a FOC Seio 620 for u ok

but i lost all the suction and bracklets .. its sitting somewhere in my storeroom .

pm me ur contact let me find it give u foc .

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• SRC Member

Sorry... I didn't log in over the weekend... Well, probably u have got a pump from VanDream and throw this one away... but I just wana to add some more inputs.

There will be no vibration felt when the impellor is not in the chamber 'cos nothing is rotating.

When everything is re-assemble properly, test it under water. U may wish to adjust the little blue knot a little...

If the motor still fail to function, probably there is a open circuit somewhere in the wiring... gone case.

PS: parts swopping is also one tactic to debug where the fault lies...

• SRC Member

oh yes... one more thing to check on pump is... a smooth glide between the shaft and the cylinder shaped magnet. Any feel of frictional force indicate non perfect and best to be replaced.