My 2nd Learning Tank Journey (RSM)

thedidavid

Fiery...(Fire Goby)....damn skimmer, now I found the problem about 5-10 minutes after feeding with cyclopeeze, the skimmer will release lots of micro bubles to the main tank.......I think the cyclopeeze affect the water tension...micro bubble gone after about 1/2 hr.

post-34-1190115347.jpg

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Nice ... like the miniture of everything...

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500

Anthias...that look like Koi...what species of Athias is this...anyone can help me?

Is that an Anthias? Looks more like Wrasse to me actually :unsure: What DSLR are you using bro? Great shots :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Is that an Anthias? Looks more like Wrasse to me actually :unsure: What DSLR are you using bro? Great shots :bow:

:blink::blink::blink: got it from Iwarna, the auntie told me it's anthias :unsure: that's why I can't find the similar Anthas species photo on the internet.

My camera is old brother of your Sony Alpha. It's Konica Minolta 7D discontinued model and giving me so many problems. But I am not good at PS, most of the shoot I processed using C1 (CaptureOne).

My six lines wrasse gone to heaven, just found out and took it out from under LR...so sad :shock: it was okay yesterday and was eating frozen food like mad....still thinking why suddenly it konk out...now back to stare at my tank wheter any other tank members showing some sympthom of sickness....

:cry2::angry::cry2:

1 possible reason is overstocking in such a short period of time... I suggest you test your Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate... all the best bro :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

1 possible reason is overstocking in such a short period of time... I suggest you test your Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate... all the best bro  :)

Amonia confirm 0 ppm, Nitrite 0 ppm, Nitrate 20 ppm, Phospate always 0, dKH 11, Calcium 440, Mg 1320, pH 8.2 SG 1.023 my test kits are from tropic marine and salifert confirm not expired.---> I am going to do second test tonight may be I will try to use the test kit from Red Sea to compare.

I always tested my water minimum once a week and I keep records on excel file. The only thing that I suspect it may dead straving or over eat, this the only fish that doesn't eat pellets in my tank. He only eats frozen food and I am only giving frozen food twice a week.

I did about 10% water change also last night......

Got nasty surprise this morning, I saw one of my crab is kaput. After I took it out and count the number of sally light foots in my tank then I realize one of these buggers just molting.... :pinch:

My cleaner shrimp had been molting two times also and always gives me shock......

post-34-1190536882.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was away for 10 days for business trip and my OC tag along, so left the tank without daily care.

Reached SG today before dawn and rushed back home, found my tank is almost crashed. My injured cat eye bubble up to lorry and I can find my fire goby until now. It just gone without trace.....

Did more than 20% water change today and clean up the tank....looks pretty okay now still no time to test the water parameters and my Regal Tang kana ich again... :pinch::pirate:

I guess the auto feeder (Hydor Mixo) dumping too much pellets to the water...I guess due to damaged lid. Got it new before leaving and upon reach home accidently dropped it when installing the batteries.... :pirate: no spare at AM so one nice chap in AM glue it for me and order parts to Hydor. I guess I bit jinxed with Hydor products...screwed one pump and can't get parts, now fish feeder......

post-34-1192378430.jpg