Update on Red Reidi from bro archangylle

dkk08

• SRC Member

Hi guys here's some pics of the reidi I got from bro archangylle, have to apologise for the delay and lack of pics due to my new responsibilities n increase in job scope at work :pinch:

Well at least I've a job :lol:

dsc02641editedht6.jpg

dsc02644editedes2.jpg

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

That's how the injury looks like in the 1st week... it has since lost the tip of the tail... but the erosion of the tail have stopped since den and the reidi is feeding happily on frozen now :D

dsc02620editedmd9.jpg

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member
Well done! Good Job! ;)

OMG! :blink: The guru is back! :yeah:

I need more advise from you lor shifu :eyebrow:

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

OMG! :blink: The guru is back! :yeah:

I need more advise from you lor shifu :eyebrow:

not back lah.... i hope to be back... but really can't find time.... :lol: will try to help u guys to my knowledge :P

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
Hey hey! :) Good progress! Welcome done!

And Chinmo.... you're still around!!

Yes boss... around but no seahorse leh.... :P

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• 1 month later...

So sad.

What happen?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Hi folks, sorry for the lack of update... the Reidi din recover from its wound completely and passed away few weeks ago... due to my busy work load (increase in work load :whistle ) haven't been online much... thus gotta push back my nursery idea till next year... will post some pics of the "funeral" :look: of the Reidi if you folks are interested ;)

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

i see, sorry bro :cry: .... bro des, what is the salinty he kept in? :)

• SRC Member

hmmm shld be 1.024 since I last tested....

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

What is the possible reason u think the seahorse passed away? infection? water quality? hunger?

Do not get me wrong... just want to find out the likely cause and in future may serve some pointers to look out for the same situation....

It is not so easy to wean some stuborn seahorse on frozen.... long time ago when I had some common seahorses, there was just one which simply refuse and I had to keep small empty tank to grow coppepods....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member
What is the possible reason u think the seahorse passed away? infection? water quality? hunger?

Do not get me wrong... just want to find out the likely cause and in future may serve some pointers to look out for the same situation....

It is not so easy to wean some stuborn seahorse on frozen.... long time ago when I had some common seahorses, there was just one which simply refuse and I had to keep small empty tank to grow coppepods....

I think most probably the infection and worms as I did not deworm the fella...

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

infections, water quailty, food and salinity all will have to do with the sh. ;)

• SRC Member

why need the de-worm process?

deworm process sounds like "quarantinee" process to me ..... each time u introduce new seahorse to tank with old healthy horsie... it's like u introducing new kinds of good/bad bateria or diease. ;)

what i used to do is do a freshwater dip for a few mins..... hopefully the nasties on the seahorse be killed. ;)

• SRC Member

Bro Dez, is there any new method of deworming SH nowadays? pls pardon me, as i lost touch with the SH keeping for a long time :lol:

• SRC Member
Bro Dez, is there any new method of deworming SH nowadays? pls pardon me, as i lost touch with the SH keeping for a long time :lol:

Fenbendazole which is a brand name for Panacur is most popular used to deworm seahorse. However it is not reefsafe and will attached into Live Rock. So it is only used in an empty Quarantine tank. Fenbendazole is an inexpensive anthelmintic agent (dewormer) used for large animals such as horses and later introduced to seahorses because wild seahorse has this problem too.

Some people in USA used dog dewormer on seahorses but some said side effects.

There are prazipro, anthelmintic agent,... used as dewormer too. There are several brands of dewormer in the market but not sure if Singapore market has them.

• SRC Member

Bro Reeftask, that's the problemo .... i think all those u mention not able to get leh..... i aquired a PANACUR before once.... from a Exotic pets dealer... but that was 5-6years ago.... :P