noise in chiller

• SRC Member

you know what i did last time?i just remove the whole black casing and wash the whole chiler when its off try not to get into the electronics but the fan motor all these ok.the since then be4 i updraded,i just run the chiller witout the whole casing.veryvery efficent.

• SRC Member
you know what i did last time?i just remove the whole black casing and wash the whole chiler when its off try not to get into the electronics but the fan motor all these ok.the since then be4 i updraded,i just run the chiller witout the whole casing.veryvery efficent.

use wet cloth? or take off everything to wash? If water touch the fan coil, not only damage it, will make you shiok too.

Bro marine12, your chiller is it start making a bit of tick tick sound when it kickstart and last about 5 to 10 secs and have the sound again when it stops (also 5 to 10 secs)? Mine also like that, at 1st I thought its the fan sound, but I doubt so, I think its from the compressor. But it's still performing well, chilling the tank well.

• SRC Member
Bro marine12, your chiller is it start making a bit of tick tick sound when it kickstart and last about 5 to 10 secs and have the sound again when it stops (also 5 to 10 secs)? Mine also like that, at 1st I thought its the fan sound, but I doubt so, I think its from the compressor. But it's still performing well, chilling the tank well.

• SRC Member
marine12 described as squeaky noise coming frm d inside. :D

yeah, marine12 said squeaky sound. The sound is from the fan bearing/bush will make squeaky sound. It depends on him to rectify where the sound comes from. Dripping oil in the fan bearing/bush will temporary last. If want permanent, change the fan. I will go with Storm's serviceman. This size of fan cost coming to $80-100 so I rather put oil. Well, after few yrs, when compressor said retirement, whole chiller is changed.

So if the compressor is going to spoil, is it giving this tick tick tick sound or bing bomb bang sound? I dun want to get ppl to come and see, as the charges I can invest in part of a new chiller, haha. Mine is CL 450. But just wondering, if the sound is from the fan, is it because the turning part is lack of oil or is it because it hits the back metal?