coming back to SH

reefmonster

• SRC Member
after a long 2+ year break :rolleyes:. Decided to go back to SH husbandry, just ordered a RSM but read tat its not very suitable for SH as its got a micro bubble issue :( .

Anyways any suggestions/direction from fellow members on setup, purchase of CB/WC SH much appreciated.

Cheers!

welcome back to SH keeping.

Good to see that SH keeping is picking up interest again.

Current tank

Past tank

• SRC Member

Reefmonster, if u looking for reidi... can go lck 110, they have quite some to choose from... :)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

tks dude.... its good to know u're still in the hobby

I'm just back too :yeah:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
Seahorse has enchanting powers :P

yeah, and chinmo is the monk guru. LOL.

He infested everyone, LOL.

Later AT also cannot tahan, wonder when will AT switch to seahorse tank, LOL.

LCK still have few new adult Kudas which came in 3-4 weeks ago, still seahorse in black, not man in black.

• SRC Member

yeah, and chinmo is the monk guru. LOL.

He infested everyone, LOL.

Later AT also cannot tahan, wonder when will AT switch to seahorse tank, LOL.

LCK still have few new adult Kudas which came in 3-4 weeks ago, still seahorse in black, not man in black.

:eyebrow: the pair of kuda ibrought from lck turn from charcoal black to yellow liao! will post pics when i have time :)

• SRC Member

Be warn first...... Seahorse is not that easy to maintain..... be prepare to put in alot of effort and time ;)

• SRC Member

how long you get them to yellow? Is it fully very yellow?

Think ard a mth in my tank ba.... i got my first batch of reidi and kuda the 1st week of october :) but the orange reidi fade to light orange leh... <_<:D

• SRC Member

Think ard a mth in my tank ba.... i got my first batch of reidi and kuda the 1st week of october :) but the orange reidi fade to light orange leh... <_<:D

mine bought on the 2nd week of October and seems they changed to slight yellow after 2 weeks. But they remain that until now. Only one changing more to light yellow but not fully. Where did you buy those black reidis?

• SRC Member

Those not black reidi hor... brought from lck yellow and orange.... yellow still yellow, orange becuming yellow :lol: Bro, this thread is to help bro reefmonster wor... maybe add a wool to the output to reduce fine bubbles? ;)

hmmm......bro reefmonster, its good that you are back into horsies business. Mayb you can share with us what horsies you have last time.....I have tried kudas before but sad to say, i failed :( . I guess the most tedious part of rearing seahorses is how to identify diseases and treat them. Mine died w/o any physical symptoms, just stopped eating and died.

• Sponsor
Those not black reidi hor... brought from lck yellow and orange.... yellow still yellow, orange becuming yellow :lol: Bro, this thread is to help bro reefmonster wor... maybe add a wool to the output to reduce fine bubbles? ;)

tank will be delivered today. wool may help, will try. Going hunting for LR after lunch @ PR :eyebrow: 25-30kg ideal?

• Sponsor
hmmm......bro reefmonster, its good that you are back into horsies business. Mayb you can share with us what horsies you have last time.....I have tried kudas before but sad to say, i failed :( . I guess the most tedious part of rearing seahorses is how to identify diseases and treat them. Mine died w/o any physical symptoms, just stopped eating and died.

hi

i had WC kuda, tigertail, barbour - 8,9 of them. Wasn't too good with tigertails, they died after 2+ mths but the rest were in excellent condition and all were feeding on frozen food :D

• SRC Member

tank will be delivered today. wool may help, will try. Going hunting for LR after lunch @ PR :eyebrow: 25-30kg ideal?

Well it depends on your setup... :) just remenber to stack the lrs as close together or try leave no too much gap.... u would'nt want your sh to get lost in the lrs or ganna stuck in there. :)

• SRC Member
the micro bubbles r quite a pain but its not churning out constantly. Will try putting somemore fine wool to see if it'll get better.

if not, tie a fine filter net to the outlet pipe? ;)