My First Marine Tank 24G

scubajazz

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Thks for the compliment, Yeap the Favia n the green star polyp is my favourite. My corals r all cheap stuff, though have to hunt around for it.

Too bad my 2 hammerhead (1 big n 1 small) got some kind of disease (start to melt slowly n spreading, so throw it away), luckily the others r doing fine especially the green star polyp which is growing cause can see it start to extend out and grow some patch on the rock for the extended polyp to grow on.

Now on the lookout for hammerhead again n also frogspawn or torch to liven up the tank. Once I have them will post pics again.

Cheers

very corals u got there n i like tt Favia u got there n ur coco worm. :wacko:

Its awesome ! :peace:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi experience reefers out there, need to ask a question, to add those super bacteria, where do I put it, in the back compartment or in the main tank. If in the main tank just throw it at the sand or on the rock.

One more thing what brand is good and price is cheap one too :paiseh:

Hi experience reefers out there, need to ask a question, to add those super bacteria, where do I put it, in the back compartment or in the main tank. If in the main tank just throw it at the sand or on the rock.

One more thing what brand is good and price is cheap one too :paiseh:

I been using Aquapharm Bacter Start... you can put it even on top of your filter floss... anywhere with sufficient flow will do... make sure you monitor your skimmer... or just off it for half a day :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Thks for answering bro.

You mean u can put it anywhere in the tank then.

By the way where u get this product and what is the cost.

I been using Aquapharm Bacter Start... you can put it even on top of your filter floss... anywhere with sufficient flow will do... make sure you monitor your skimmer... or just off it for half a day :)

Any update? How about a FTS :rolleyes:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Ur timing very good huh, how u know I was taking some shots yesterday night, will try to update tonight, actually very paisei :paiseh: to have the request from u

Dun say so many things... just post the pix :evil: :evil: :evil:

• SRC Member
wow :ooh: .. all the corals looks healthy and the fishes so happy there.. :yeah::yeah:

Nice rock placement and the water very clean.. well done bro scubajazz :yeah::peace:

CHEERS!!!

lum, thks but FYI the water is clean but got lots of small particles flying around which is from the rocks which is like spitting it once a while.

Fishes happy hope so, but my pair of cleaner shrimps is really happy cause they have spawn 3 times now n the fishes go crazy gobbling it up

• SRC Member

Oh yea for tha nano user who ask abt the resun skimmer. Here is the update with pics.

I place it in the 2nd compartment as u can see in the pic.

The second Pic, I have taken the collection cup n u can see the skimmer in action. Note adjust it until u see that in the pic.

The 3rd Pic after 2 days u can see the stuff skimmed see the cap which hv turned brownish (u may hv to empty it every 1 or 2 days)

post-7342-1201707693.jpg

post-7342-1201707711.jpg

post-7342-1201707880.jpg

Interesting skimmer bro... do you have a pix of it whole (before putting into the back compartment)? When you are ready to add more corals... I will suggest moving your Green Star Polyps to the mid level (if not sand bed) as they do not really require that much light and they will spread pretty quickly. They look nice when they spread upwards on your rockscape. Reserve the top of the hill for some corals that require more light... you will bound to come across very soon.

• SRC Member
Interesting skimmer bro... do you have a pix of it whole (before putting into the back compartment)? When you are ready to add more corals... I will suggest moving your Green Star Polyps to the mid level (if not sand bed) as they do not really require that much light and they will spread pretty quickly. They look nice when they spread upwards on your rockscape. Reserve the top of the hill for some corals that require more light... you will bound to come across very soon.

Here is the full Pics of the super mini skimmer. The curve thing on the right which is not connected, I discarded it to shorten the width so that it can fit into the compartment.

Thgt of moiving the Green Star Polyps away but it has already spreading which has grown n stick on the rock, dun wanna risk hurting it cause me very greenhorn on doing that.

post-7342-1201709096.jpg

So you connect a pump to it? Another reason for me to start a JBJ Nano... hehe... you think can fit into a 12G Nano? :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
So you connect a pump to it? Another reason for me to start a JBJ Nano... hehe... you think can fit into a 12G Nano? :eyebrow:

It fit just nicely in the second compartment in my 24G, so if the 12G compartment is the same width then why not. Yeah it came with a pump

Oh yea for tha nano user who ask abt the resun skimmer. Here is the update with pics.

I place it in the 2nd compartment as u can see in the pic.

The second Pic, I have taken the collection cup n u can see the skimmer in action. Note adjust it until u see that in the pic.

The 3rd Pic after 2 days u can see the stuff skimmed see the cap which hv turned brownish (u may hv to empty it every 1 or 2 days)

ScubaJazz,

Thanks for sharing your skimmer experience. I bought the skimmer last week but have not got the chance to fit it up yet.

Your photos will come in helpful.

I have some more questions :whistle

1. Another user says it is a bit noisy. Is it true? Does the noise come from the pump?

2. Do you put any stuff in Compartment 2 beside the skimmer and pump?

:thanks:

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Fishs : 1x Cardinalfish, 2 x false Percula Clownfish

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Tank Thread : [url=http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83257]