Tiny Particles

• SRC Member

I just placed LR into my tank 2 days back. And today i see these tiny particles about the size of this full stop . circulating in my tank. There are lots of them! But not to the extent that they are cloudy or something.

What are they? I tried searching some forums and came across them as FOOD for the fish?

• SRC Member

Now these full stop thingies have stopped. But now my water has these little dust like (tiny hair) particles suspended in the water. there are tons of them! What are they? Is this normal as i am cycling my tank.

Then there are some of these little creatures like ants on the front glass.

Help!

Dun panic!

Those ant like creatures are good for your tank. The more the merrier.

They are called pods... copepods, amphipods etc.

They help process detritus and are very good fish and coral food.

The hair-like particles could be cilates, also good for your tank... as coral and fry food. Are they moving?

• SRC Member

Okie here's my cycle so far. I am at Day 9 now.

First couple of days, tank went cloudy. Bacteria boom i suppose?

After that clear up and there are little particles circulating but they disappeared soon after tt.

Now few days ago, i throw in this fish meat in this bottle, hoping to catch the crabs. however the crabs took the meat and escaped under my very eyes. Soon after that i discovered these tiny hair/dust particles in the water. They are saturated with it!

I am using a hang on filter with carbon/filter cartridge. I also notice the cartridge gets filled with some yellow substance, then i always wash it every few days.

I hope my water gets cleared again....