Clown change character

• SRC Member

Hi

I've got 3 false percula clowns in my small tank for about half a year.

I also have 2 feather duster worms which usually open without problems.

Ever since I use Seacheam Phospate Guard, one of the clowns decided to 'kiss' the worms whenever they are open, resulting that now the worm's crown are closed most of the time in the day. They only open in the night when the clowns are sleeping now.

Is there a reason why a change of behaviour? I dun think it is the PhosplateGuard but what are reasons to bring out this fetish?

Thanks... :)

Totally unrelated... using Phosguard and the change in your clownfish behaviour.

Clowns are well-known to change from cute little pretty fishes to mean, bad-tempered and ugly monsters... on the same scale as damsels.

So prepare to dislike your clownfish or damsel as they age... they become more territorial... attacking you, other fishes or even corals (I mean if you move corals near their nesting area). They also lose their bright colours over time.

I have a yellow-banded maroon clown which was an angel in my old tank.... and therefore I decided against my better judgement to keep him in my new one. Just a couple weeks ago, I moved my aveopora coral next to his adopted fox coral and he proceeded to bite a few polyps off my aveopora!!!!!!!

Grrrrr.... and to think I was considering a bright red male mate for her... :angry: