2 Sebae Clownfish

odi

• SRC Member

Hi,

Wanting to exchange 2 Sebae Clownfish with some cleaner shrimps or snails (cerith or turbo will do). Reason for wanting to exchange is cos they eat a lot. My other smaller fish will only get the leftovers.

Thanx.

• SRC Member

Actually, I'm not really sure as I'm new to this. I looked at Liveaquaria and tried to match the picture to the fish I have. Sori if the name I provided is not correct and thanx for pointing it out. Anyway, the pics I took are of the real fish in my tank.

Thanx.

• SRC Member

Hi,

I caught the two clowns last night while they were sleeping and put both of them together. To my horor, i found both clowns floating(dead) this morning. I thought marine fish sink when they die, but the two clowns were floating. Anyone know y.

Thanx.

fishes should float when they are dead. that is because of the gas that is produced during the decomposition process. since the amount of gas is increased, it means that the fish has become more buoyant, due to the very increase of gas content.

the only reason why fishes don't float when they are dead in fish shops is because of the fact that the decomposition process has not produced enough gas yet.

thats my ten cents worth and I may be wrong. (=