Snowflake Eel

Hey, Juz bought snowflake yesterday. He's only 7 inch long. Should i feed my Eel everyday or twice a week? :thanks:

• Like 1

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

I feed mine twice a week. A big chunk of fish meat... snappet fillet. I found that it keeps longer than prawn meat and less messy and less preparation time than fresh prawns.

alright then... I think i shall feed him/her the same time as im gonna feed my lions, which is twice a week. Thanx bros! :yeah:

Reefing since 2003
50 Gal Sump,

Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,

• SRC Member
Hey, Juz bought snowflake yesterday. He's only 7 inch long. Should i feed my Eel everyday or twice a week? :thanks:

not sure if they are the same but I feed mine ghost eel about twice a week.. sometimes even once in 2 weeks..Its very hardy creatures.. I kept mine for bout 3 yrs already. From shorter than 1 feet to about 1.5 - 2 feet.. your eel want a mate? .. hehe.. I need to sell him off to reduce tanks.

BTW I have been feeding it live mollies and live freshwater shrimps.

Also becareful of it jumping out of the tank.. esp when they are new to the tank. Try to give it just enough rocks at a corner for shelter.. once it gets used to to the area with its comfort zone, it will not jump. Also must need ample space.. 1 feet tank is a no no.. mine jumped twice during the first year when it was in a 1 feet tank.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

not sure if they are the same but I feed mine ghost eel about twice a week.. sometimes even once in 2 weeks..Its very hardy creatures.. I kept mine for bout 3 yrs already. From shorter than 1 feet to about 1.5 - 2 feet.. your eel want a mate? .. hehe.. I need to sell him off to reduce tanks.

BTW I have been feeding it live mollies and live freshwater shrimps.

Also becareful of it jumping out of the tank.. esp when they are new to the tank. Try to give it just enough rocks at a corner for shelter.. once it gets used to to the area with its comfort zone, it will not jump. Also must need ample space.. 1 feet tank is a no no.. mine jumped twice during the first year when it was in a 1 feet tank.

lol... right now he's residing in my 3 feet(50 gal). He already found his home inside the liverock. Hes hardly got out. This morning i feed him chop market prawn. Have to use those tongs to bring the food to him. Quiet troublesome. Especially when my foxface and lions are around. :erm:

Reefing since 2003
50 Gal Sump,

Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,

• SRC Member
lol... right now he's residing in my 3 feet(50 gal). He already found his home inside the liverock. Hes hardly got out. This morning i feed him chop market prawn. Have to use those tongs to bring the food to him. Quiet troublesome. Especially when my foxface and lions are around. :erm:

you should see when its really hungry.. you can tell as it will start swimming around the tank.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/