anyone can tell me why?

Hi to all bros',

I just wondering why my fishes all are breathing very fast rate??? Something wrong with the water? Seems to me.....all the fishes lack of oxygen to breath in.......izit so?

Hi to all bros',

I just wondering why my fishes all are breathing very fast rate??? Something wrong with the water? Seems to me.....all the fishes lack of oxygen to breath in.......izit so?

There is 2 reason fishes breath fast.

Firstly it could be lack of Dissolved Oxygen (DO) in the water, this can be cause be warming of the tank water by whatever reason eg. power head over heating, lights, etc or chemicals. If it's the first reason, you got to remove the source of heat production or add fans or chiller and if it's the second you have to dilute the chemical by some water change.

Secondly it could be due to parasitic infection that effects the gills, thereby causing the fish to breath harder and faster. Identify the problem and medicate as required.

I believe the problem is likely due to warm water.

As a quick remedy, try aiming your pump outlet so that it breaks up the water surface, it may cause some faster evaporation or salt spray but it will also add oxygen to the water very quickly.

thank you for all the great advice bros'.............other than this any other better method that can once ad for all solve the problem???? Got a bro send me an email said that my orp to low, need more flow that is the reason, izit true? Btw what do u guys do to produce more oxygen to the tank? And i also notice there is a layer of oil even after i clear it out. What cud had produce that?

• SRC Member
thank you for all the great advice bros'.............other than this any other better method that can once ad for all solve the problem???? Got a bro send me an email said that my orp to low, need more flow that is the reason, izit true? Btw what do u guys do to produce more oxygen to the tank? And i also notice there is a layer of oil even after i clear it out. What cud had produce that?

Ahah i had the same for the oil.That means ur tank water flow is not enough.Really.Was going to buy a water pump to improve flow.Hydor Koralia 3.I heard that these water pump is good for circulation.Well what i did is put in more flow.

girlone.png

Btw what do u guys do to produce more oxygen to the tank? And i also notice there is a layer of oil even after i clear it out. What cud had produce that?

You can add a much more powerful protein skimmer too... they produce a lot of oxygen :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
huh? but i already had a protein skimmer leh.......still not enough? :ph34r:

U might wanna share ur water perimeters readings, skimmer brand/model used ? How long have u started ur tank already ?

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
This is a protein layer, it means you need a skimmer.

About this i realise that my skimmer was not on and my cristata coral were not opening.After i on the skimmer then it spread out.

girlone.png

The skimmer i used is a second hand frm previous tank owner. Weipro 2012 n the pump no name on it (used aboout 2yrs), small size about my palm size. I had started this hobby about half a year. Hope all this info help. About the perimeter the bro fishtalk1517 mentioned, i :paiseh: no idea what's u refering to? Thank you.

The skimmer i used is a second hand frm previous tank owner. Weipro 2012 n the pump no name on it (used aboout 2yrs), small size about my palm size. I had started this hobby about half a year. Hope all this info help. About the perimeter the bro fishtalk1517 mentioned, i :paiseh: no idea what's u refering to? Thank you.

What is your tank size? Weipro might not able to support if you got many LS.

Care sharing your water parameter?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe