What's happening with my prata!

MbmC

• SRC Member

What's happening with my prata!

Just an hour ago it was looking good! Then the lights went out and this happened!!!

Water parameters all in check except Mg at 1860, Ca, pH, kH all good and normal

Fed it earlier on, and it took the market prawn.

DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

• SRC Member

omg!!!!!!try doing water change to decrease the mg.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

bro, it no big deal. no need to change water. pratas are like that, puff up very huge every now and then, esp after feeding. sometimes deflate until super flat to sort of eject the stale water inside (i read this before somewhere).

high magnesium doesn't affect your corals much. in fact, i think got a thread in rc that says high mg kills bryopsis without side effects

• SRC Member

when u dose, it is naturally to see the lvls going up. if the lvls remains after a couple of days, then if u feel uncomfy, then change water. no need to change once a lvl goes up like that.. otherwise, very siong leh...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
bro, it no big deal. no need to change water. pratas are like that, puff up very huge every now and then, esp after feeding. sometimes deflate until super flat to sort of eject the stale water inside (i read this before somewhere).

high magnesium doesn't affect your corals much. in fact, i think got a thread in rc that says high mg kills bryopsis without side effects

Oh shoot noobie here.Wah wonder can kill slime algae or not???If there is byrop sis i'll be happy.No nid to feed my tangs. :D

i totally agree with tayhonglee high mg wont affect corals that much and your prata seems digesting its food. Nice prata u got bro

Wah really ah???Like this purposely overdose also can. :eyebrow:

girlone.png