hammer coral

• SRC Supporter

hi,i got a problem here...my hammer corals isnt opening up as big as it could when i have it in my 2ft tank.now i transfer it to 5ft tank which the water condition is better than the 2ft tank.

my water condition

kh=13

no2= 0,0.5

pH=8.0

no3 not tested

lights 3sets of 2tube 2ft pl light 39watts each...which i know its not strong enough( changing it this wkend)

but im not sure if its the lights fault,in the 2ft tank im placing the hammer coral on the DSB which is 2ft deep,but now at the 5ft tank im placing the coral half ft away from the light only...

can someone help? thx

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

Yup it is recommended that you feed the bubble corals with live prawns but as for hammer corals, I think adequate lighting is enough (I feed my corals liquid food as well, though)..

As for the opening up problem, it will probably take awhile for it to adapt and fully open.. Just make sure that your water conditions are ok and it'll open up all the way in aq few days time I think.. Good luck!!

• SRC Supporter
Your kH seems awfully high..what sea salt r you using? Too high a kH can affect your calcium ion concentration.

my kh high? i thought for marine fish is from 10-15? correct me if im wrong please.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed