A new beginning

wilsontantw

wow very nice additions.... solid

These are just lucky find... maybe becoz everyone is chioning to other LFS, coz when we reach, there's no one in the shop except us. we had all the time in the world to pick and choose.

im particularly pleased with the 'leftover' favia... I was already on my way out, when this just 'appeared' to me.

it was a 'how much' --> '$xx only' --> 'ok, pack'.

i also bought a new mushroom, but it's still recovering from my '10mins FW shower'... no pix for now..

the rics, again, left overs... only 1 is super 'must-buy'... the rest, i bought becoz of 'got potential'...

Wilson...U got more rics than me liao...

Not that i'm counting... but i really dun think so... i'm not actively looking now... will only buy when i come across something i dun have.

the rest, just let it split, let it split...

Btw: thanks for sharing some of yours... i like the green ones... looks like cyan.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

These are just lucky find... maybe becoz everyone is chioning to other LFS, coz when we reach, there's no one in the shop except us. we had all the time in the world to pick and choose.

im particularly pleased with the 'leftover' favia... I was already on my way out, when this just 'appeared' to me.

it was a 'how much' --> '$xx only' --> 'ok, pack'.

With corals also must have "yuan fen" :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

With corals also must have "yuan fen" :)

haha... well said... this is what i say to console myself coz i dun chiong shipment! haha.

one more for Yuan Fen.

post-13920-1266687509_thumb.jpg

Actually, the shop assistant 'GUARANTEE' me, this is an acan! If not, i can get a refund... but it's okie... i'm keeping this piece.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

haha... well said... this is what i say to console myself coz i dun chiong shipment! haha.

one more for Yuan Fen.

Actually, the shop assistant 'GUARANTEE' me, this is an acan! If not, i can get a refund... but it's okie... i'm keeping this piece.

Another nice piece :) very swee......

PS: You dun have to chiong what..... you just ask eagle eyes ray & eniram to "da pau" for you.

keke.....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Another nice piece :) very swee......

PS: You dun have to chiong what..... you just ask eagle eyes ray & eniram to "da pau" for you.

keke.....

It's the same piece leh... just shot at different angle.

What i need now is:

1) Find contact for big blue tub to prepare for rescape (thanks to dachkie and Law for offering)

2) Fix a date! (arrange and collect the big blue tub)

3) New LR for rescape (anyone has any nice big pieces?) - i've got enough small 'lego' stacks... wanna play with big rocks this time.

4) Buy epoxy and glue... i'm running ideas in my mind now... mushroom fields, zoas valley, rics mountain, sun/rhizo caves... wah... but this time round, will surely glue them unto the main rocks.

5) Get some good friends to commit 4-6 hrs with me

6) Sell my ABT and PT... (Guys, Purple Tang, extremely healthy... 4" size... eats everything) - offer me a price please... (tank size min: 4')

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

It's the same piece leh... just shot at different angle.

What i need now is:

1) Find contact for big blue tub to prepare for rescape (thanks to dachkie and Law for offering)

2) Fix a date! (arrange and collect the big blue tub)

3) New LR for rescape (anyone has any nice big pieces?) - i've got enough small 'lego' stacks... wanna play with big rocks this time.

4) Buy epoxy and glue... i'm running ideas in my mind now... mushroom fields, zoas valley, rics mountain, sun/rhizo caves... wah... but this time round, will surely glue them unto the main rocks.

5) Get some good friends to commit 4-6 hrs with me

6) Sell my ABT and PT... (Guys, Purple Tang, extremely healthy... 4" size... eats everything) - offer me a price please... (tank size min: 4')

Oh ya - same piece lol

Hey Wilson

- ever thought of using partly replica rocks? Jireh has some with very nice shape. can consider.

- when you glue your corals, glue them on a small rock then onto your tank rocks in case you want to frag, sell, shift them in future.

Oh ya - same piece lol

Hey Wilson

- ever thought of using partly replica rocks? Jireh has some with very nice shape. can consider.

- when you glue your corals, glue them on a small rock then onto your tank rocks in case you want to frag, sell, shift them in future.

haha... u drunk liao?? i'll be installing my MP40 tomorrow (to replace my nano wavebox + 2x6025)...

WISH ME LUCK...

me hungry... going to take supper after this post.

yeah, i did think of using replica... but i heard replica very Ex leh... If i really can't find the ideal ones, i'll consider 1 or 2 pieces of replica. (can PM me the $$$)

Actually can also go CF or Ah Beng to get LR... Even Ah Peh (T95) occassionally has cheap and nice ones (though it's always and i mean ALWAYS come with pest).

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

haha... u drunk liao?? i'll be installing my MP40 tomorrow (to replace my nano wavebox + 2x6025)...

WISH ME LUCK...

me hungry... going to take supper after this post.

yeah, i did think of using replica... but i heard replica very Ex leh... If i really can't find the ideal ones, i'll consider 1 or 2 pieces of replica. (can PM me the $$$)

Actually can also go CF or Ah Beng to get LR... Even Ah Peh (T95) occassionally has cheap and nice ones (though it's always and i mean ALWAYS come with pest).

CF live rock not cheap leh.... I heard.

will PM you the price.

Replica rocks advantage is that there is no pest, no dieoffs, nice shape.

no need to pm lah.

small replica (about 2 palm size) is about 3 red notes

large ones (about 18 inch length) is about 13 red notes.

Jireh does not display all the rocks outside. talk to the auntie boss and let her know you are looking for them.

She will bring them out for you to choose.

If you happen to go JM, let me know. I can go with you - stay near there.

GO's replica seems a little more artificial and the shape is not as nice imo.

• SRC Member

replica rocks r nicer in shape, but if u wan to rescape after awhile, make sure the water in the RR dun flow back in the tank....it could crash ur tank....this information was told to me by seller of the RR.....

replica rocks r nicer in shape, but if u wan to rescape after awhile, make sure the water in the RR dun flow back in the tank....it could crash ur tank....this information was told to me by seller of the RR.....

Because there is water trapped in the replica rock (the replica rocks are hollow) and they do not go through the water circulation & filtration. hence when u rescape after a few months, the water in the rock is quite stale already and it's not advisable to leak them back into the tank. Am I correct?

• SRC Member
Because there is water trapped in the replica rock (the replica rocks are hollow) and they do not go through the water circulation & filtration. hence when u rescape after a few months, the water in the rock is quite stale already and it's not advisable to leak them back into the tank. Am I correct?

i think thats the most logical answer as well.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

GEM a keeper!!

4) Buy epoxy and glue...

5) Get some good friends to commit 4-6 hrs with me, 6) Sell my ABT and PT... (Guys, Purple Tang, extremely healthy... 4" size... eats everything) - offer me a price please... (tank size min: 4')

Can sponser you 2 boxes!.

Count me in

Wa MP40W!!!!

• Senior Reefer
The same favia, under just 2x24W blue plus... simply delicious...

Spotted this only on my way out of the shop... (spent too much time scrutinising the rics lah)...

To the pros... any idea/suggestions how i can get the colours to hold up??

Iodine? Magnesium? Longer hours of moon light?

2B

post-13920-1266660235_thumb.jpg

acan. not favia. quite a nice piece. holding the colours shoudnt be a problem.. if fade, first to go will be the orange. place under mid light? if higher light the green will over take. IME

Lemon, that's acan??? U sure? It looks very different from my other 2 aussies. Not that I'm unhappy it's an acan though.

And friends, I woke up this morning thinking it's a good day to install the mp40. But b4 I do that, let's shift that 1 lr first. Just to ensure I make full use of the new flow.

And the same mistake happened!!!

Shifting 1 means shifting almost everything!!!

Rushing out now to settle some stuff, will post more later abt the rescape story.

I've got half a pail of lr to give away. Pls pm me. Collect tonight at Bedok reservoir. Else it'll go down the trash.

Collect ard 10pm.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer
Lemon, that's acan??? U sure? It looks very different from my other 2 aussies. Not that I'm unhappy it's an acan though.

And friends, I woke up this morning thinking it's a good day to install the mp40. But b4 I do that, let's shift that 1 lr first. Just to ensure I make full use of the new flow.

And the same mistake happened!!!

Shifting 1 means shifting almost everything!!!

Rushing out now to settle some stuff, will post more later abt the rescape story.

I've got half a pail of lr to give away. Pls pm me. Collect tonight at Bedok reservoir. Else it'll go down the trash.

Collect ard 10pm.

yep. acanthastrea echinata. the most "favia-like" acan of the genus. very difficult to discern unless looking at the skeleton, although possible when looking at the flesh. the ones from australia are acanthastrea lordhowensis, colloquaily called acan lords. can see where the name comes from lol.

and yes i understand your rescaping woes. it always starts out that way doesn't it! "lets just move this rock 1 inch to the left..." then BOOM! a complete rescape. happened to me countless of times :(

Acan or favia if you don't have space after rescape can move to my place! :eyebrow:

Wa so fast do rescape? Didn't you want epoxy and manpower? i will be only be back this wednesday le.....wait la! wahahaha

Acan or favia if you don't have space after rescape can move to my place! :eyebrow:

Wa so fast do rescape? Didn't you want epoxy and manpower? i will be only be back this wednesday le.....wait la! wahahaha

not exactly a rescape. More like shifting of some rocks. Removed a full bucket load of lr. But kept some for the big rescape. Will still need ur help. While doing the shifting, I dropped the big bubble, broke a few bubbles. Sigh. Hopefully it'll recover soon. I better epoxy it next time.

Nevermind whether acan or favia, I did the shifting to make space at lower lighting for it. Found a lot of mushies on the sand bed too. Haha.

Oh. Pls come and collect ur rics on wed night k? The frag basket is now filled with "rubbish" frags. And one of rics is opening BiG BIG. :)

I still need to catch the 2 tangs.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

not exactly a rescape. More like shifting of some rocks. Removed a full bucket load of lr. But kept some for the big rescape. Will still need ur help. While doing the shifting, I dropped the big bubble, broke a few bubbles. Sigh. Hopefully it'll recover soon. I better epoxy it next time.

Nevermind whether acan or favia, I did the shifting to make space at lower lighting for it. Found a lot of mushies on the sand bed too. Haha.

Oh. Pls come and collect ur rics on wed night k? The frag basket is now filled with "rubbish" frags. And one of rics is opening BiG BIG. :)

I still need to catch the 2 tangs.

Okie can will collect on wednesday night! thx again

• SRC Member
After the 'shifting'... loads of LR are taken outta the tank.

This is the side profile (before)

Side profile (after)

LOOK FOR THE RED TUBE-WORM. That's how space was created.

Wat red tube worm??? :eyebrow::upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
re-update the pics... see the red-line in new pictures.

BEFORE

AFTER

U really removed quite a lot of LR... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

U really removed quite a lot of LR... :whistle

*nods* yes i did.

and i created more slopes, Ray said my prev scape looks wrong... (actually he's right).

So now i removed bridges and created more slopes of different themes.

need to do some art&craft to cut up mushrooms from their big mother colony. but nothing can be done during weekdays... no time to take leave.

i actually need to redo my return pipe outlet as well. but need to get some L-connectors... (dunno what's the size though).

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Chiong shipment. Came back with a lighter wallet.

One of the better rics shipment at decent prices. Seems like the rics fever just got a little hotter after today. Couldn't resist the temptation and overspent by a mile.

Acquired some orange with blue skirt. Some orange with green skirt. Some full orange. Some blue with orange dots. Some blue with green dots and some with multicoloured dots.

Posting from iPhone. Dunno how to upload pics. Can only upload the rics pics later when I reach home.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|