A new beginning

wilsontantw

Bro are you using Iwarna's pre packed calcium chloride to dose? if you are how often do you dose and how much?

I'm using calcium and mag powder from brightwell aquatics. Kh powder from seachem.

But lately I'm just using Iwarna top up water.

So far it's able to maintain my parameters.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• 2 weeks later...

Update for 1 Aug 2010...

FA (multi-stripe) + new purchase (YT)...

FA = extremely aggressive... always fighting with every new inhibitant.

YT = 1 day old... managed to established itself, now enjoying the abundance algae...

post-13920-043576500 1280672610_thumb.jppost-13920-002150600 1280672624_thumb.jp

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Wow bro, looks so natural...in fact i like the diagonal shot the most, the overall effect looks as if it is a tank with a great depth :thumbsup: i think u purposely didnt wanna clean the glass right... :P

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Bro. Thanks for your kind words...

I really likes the idea of having sps in the tank. It really makes the whole view looks more reef-like.

Thanks for all your advice bro.

Am still battling cyano. Am dosing kalk regularly now, hope that can help to control phosphate.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Bro. Thanks for your kind words...

I really likes the idea of having sps in the tank. It really makes the whole view looks more reef-like.

Thanks for all your advice bro.

Am still battling cyano. Am dosing kalk regularly now, hope that can help to control phosphate.

Haa bro, am just speaking the truth -_- You are dosing kalk to control phosphate ? U got to watch out the kh and Ca if you do that. Remember the ionic balance concept will do.

Also, I have gotten some 'ho liao' lately, will pass you a frag when we meet ;)

Har. So i heard... My sources told me you got a few good stuff.

I was 2 hrs late. Picked up only 2 items.

Thanks in advance bro. I'll pass you those I got as well. Will show u pic later in case u already got them.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

That piece is doing well bro. The parts that we fragged out are recovering (slowly).

The polyps extension are prominently light blue. The purple parts turned brighter as well.

Overall, I would rate it as good.

How's ur coming along? Thinking of paying u a visit this long weekend bro.

Btw, what u think of this?? Keddredds... Hot bo? Red + orange colour wor.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=141961

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Yup that's Keddredds, some call it Kenzo. Very nice piece of zoas, pretty slow grower imo. Let me know when which day you wanna swing by, high time we catch up ya :friends:

You said it. We must do tiger time again. Mayb when clee is back? I'll call u on sat evening to confirm??

Btw I'll bring some "kenzo" over.. Pm me if there's anything else you like k. I'm waiting to see what Ho Liao you have for me too. *sluuuurp*

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Have been looking after the SPS recently, and kinda neglected the softies...

But here's what makes it interesting, by not 'moving them'... they kinda got stabilised and start to propagate... I noticed quite a fair bit of zoas growth and rics split...

Took some photos of the softies today to share...

First up... the ricordea florida...

post-13920-037731000 1281796949_thumb.jp

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

and this piece, is what i believe was ID-ed as sympodium?? Definitely need Lemon to ID this, but i kinda figured this from another ID post...

THis is a bright blue variant... but photo colour turn out to be purplish...

And this is yet another fast grower, it's already grown 3-4 polyps on it's surrounding LR...

post-13920-080262600 1281797734_thumb.jp

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

and this piece, is what i believe was ID-ed as sympodium?? Definitely need Lemon to ID this, but i kinda figured this from another ID post...

THis is a bright blue variant... but photo colour turn out to be purplish...

And this is yet another fast grower, it's already grown 3-4 polyps on it's surrounding LR...

post-13920-080262600 1281797734_thumb.jp

to make a correct identification, i would need to see the polyps when they are closed.

if they grow on stalks with multiple polyps on the stalks (similar fashion as xenias), then they are sympodium.

if they grow on mat like cloves and star polyps, then they care clavularia.

they could also be sansibia, but this one is rare and very seldom encountered. many online pictures of sansibia are wrongly identified and i too, don't know the true form of this coral.

yours is most likely clavularia or sympodium depending on morphology.

to make a correct identification, i would need to see the polyps when they are closed.

if they grow on stalks with multiple polyps on the stalks (similar fashion as xenias), then they are sympodium.

if they grow on mat like cloves and star polyps, then they care clavularia.

they could also be sansibia, but this one is rare and very seldom encountered. many online pictures of sansibia are wrongly identified and i too, don't know the true form of this coral.

yours is most likely clavularia or sympodium depending on morphology.

previously when they were hidden in shade (i placed them in a cave)... there were stalks, and the polyps extend out...

but after i shifted them out into the light, dont see stems anymore. and they grow very fast.

when they are closed, they are flushed with the rocks.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|