basic open water

terryansimon

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

nt i prefer tioman it is juz the journey.

to dayang u take the bus from singapore to mersing or tanjong leman. then u take a boat over to dayang by the time u reach dayang it will be like 3 or 4am.

to tioman u take the bus to mersing stay at a motel(timotel) overnite, next morning take speedboat(1hr to 2hr) reach tioman.

if it were u which one will u choose ;)

• SRC Member

yeah... quite true.... but actually got used to the trip there; been to permanggil a few times fishing n snorkelling n the local boat ride is really too much to bear; usually reach the island abt 4-6am... but anyway, its worth the trip.....

think any trip for me would be ok as long as its a fun and safe dive....

• SRC Member

i'm terribly sorry we spoilt your CNY plans.. but if u guys haf been keeping track of the weather, the rain had been torrent from day all the way thru the night.. and conditions up at Rawa are not considered to be ideal dive conditions.. so to prevent disappointment and most importantly accidents, we got no choice but to cancel the trip...

but look on the bright side, dayang and tioman is reopening soon, mid feb and early march respectively... :)

• SRC Member
basically it shared the same dive sites as aur bcos it is juz opposite it :P

nv been there as i heard the living conditions is  :erm:

i have been there. no doubt, the living conditions is not as good as Tioman but look at it from another pt of view, u dun really need fabulous living conditions right? just need a bed, with aircondition, able to shower... that is all coz half the time, u are out in sea diving... the best thing abt dayang is the food man.. :P it will feed u like a person who just come back from starvation camp... i prefer Dayang to Tioman anytime coz of this... :P furthermore, i think Tioman is slightly more expensive than Dayang...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
nt i prefer tioman it is juz the journey.

to dayang u take the bus from singapore to mersing or tanjong leman. then u take a boat over to dayang by the time u reach dayang it will be like 3 or 4am.

to tioman u take the bus to mersing stay at a motel(timotel) overnite, next morning take speedboat(1hr to 2hr) reach tioman.

if it were u which one will u choose ;)

actually, it all depends on the operator, whether u stay in the motel the nite before or not... actually, i would prefer to take the boat out and stay there for the nite coz i can go for early morning dive :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

overnite boat siong leh.

by the way tioman is about $27X.

whereas orpheus charge $255.20

(base on their name ur dives)

stay in dorm-1month b4 book-cash payment-new customer-no dm needed.

i rather choose tioman as i have a spot for the swim through site :D

• SRC Member
overnite boat siong leh.

do this lah... :snore::snore::snore: ... that is what i did... :whistle

• SRC Member
anyway feb for me is no go butttttt...... march whole month will be diving month every weekend diving. :D

everyweek???? wah lui leh.. si bei wu lui.... :bow:

• SRC Member
i'm terribly sorry we spoilt your CNY plans.. but if u guys haf been keeping track of the weather, the rain had been torrent from day all the way thru the night.. and conditions up at Rawa are not considered to be ideal dive conditions.. so to prevent disappointment and most importantly accidents, we got no choice but to cancel the trip...

but look on the bright side, dayang and tioman is reopening soon, mid feb and early march respectively... :)

understood marvellous07, in fact read that kota tinggi itself is underwater.... anyway, can u advise me as to when is the open water to dayang? hopefully this time we can make it and weather is good....

• SRC Member
so u guys excited??? :P

at losing buddies due to poor vis?? nope.. hahaha.

• 3 weeks later...