basic open water

terryansimon

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

K...the tentative schedule is...

1) Learn theory and pool practices within the period of Jan to late Feb.

2) Go for the open water during the March school holidays

Currently got one quote and one offer...those who are interested, let me know your queries via pm if necessary...otherwise...below is the specs... :)

PADI Open Water Diver Course

Cost : $323.00 per pax (provided paying two weeks in advance in cash)

(This is a discount price liao. Otherwise is $380)

Comprises everything to complete the course including certification... :)

So those who are interested...hop on the ship... :lol:

The Scuba Diving Apprenticeship List... :P

1) flubberina13

2)

3)

• SRC Member

hamman: it is not neccessary to be super fit, but of cuz its better to be!!! being fit helps to prevent decompression sickness or bends (or at least lower risk level) and you must rem always diving isn't just any other sport, it carries risk to life and limb, so don't play play! having said that, I"ve seen some of the FATEST pple, and I really really mean fat pple, dive, and some are dive masters or rescue divers!

• SRC Member
hamman: it is not neccessary to be super fit, but of cuz its better to be!!! being fit helps to prevent decompression sickness or bends (or at least lower risk level) and you must rem always diving isn't just any other sport, it carries risk to life and limb, so don't play play! having said that, I"ve seen some of the FATEST pple, and I really really mean fat pple, dive, and some are dive masters or rescue divers!

you talking about me? :rolleyes:

:angry::angry:

:lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Comprises everything to complete the course including certification...

So those who are interested...hop on the ship...

The Scuba Diving Apprenticeship List...

1) flubberina13

2) benz's other half.... :lol:

3)

btw way sis flub... where will the location be at and which dive school is doing it huh?? me other half is in NIE now and apparantly they can get it at $280... dunno if it can be a group thing or not... must ask her to check...

• SRC Member

1) Learn theory and pool practices within the period of Jan to late Feb.

2) Go for the open water during the March school holidays

Flub,

Try not to space out so far apart coz the open water wun start till mid march (i think, that is when the monsoon is over). When u have the theory and the pool session so far apart from the actual open water, u might forget leh.. it is better to do everything while the memory is still fresh...

furthermore, to go to Tioman during the march hols is a bad idea.. coz the place will be very crowded... and u probably have to book very early...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Comprises everything to complete the course including certification...

So those who are interested...hop on the ship...

The Scuba Diving Apprenticeship List...

1) flubberina13

2) benz's other half.... :lol:

3)

btw way sis flub... where will the location be at and which dive school is doing it huh?? me other half is in NIE now and apparantly they can get it at $280... dunno if it can be a group thing or not... must ask her to check...

group is fine.. as long as it is not too big a grp like 20 students.. i prefer to keep the class small, u get to know other divers better.. perhaps like 6 divers in a class max.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

but its my 21st birthday! =(

so spend it diving... how else to celebrate your burfday but underwater with all the fishes and corals... but you will have pretty ladies to learn with... what more do you want as a burfday present huh... other than for the fact that the ladies are most probably can see but cannot touch.... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member
group is fine.. as long as it is not too big a grp like 20 students.. i prefer to keep the class small, u get to know other divers better.. perhaps like 6 divers in a class max.

Yup...instructors also mentioned smaller group preferably... :)

• SRC Member

Wah...then help us check up all the specs...

And one thing, non-members accepted?

Can csc cards can be used as proof for being civil service in the education sector? My matriculation card expired very long ago liao... :(

• SRC Member

That's my source... :)

hmmm.. i dun mind joining u chaps for dive trip.. but me should be on a leisure... and i'm kinda sick of Tioman though <_< thinking of going to Dayang or Aur

If u guys are to go to Tioman, ask the instructor to bring u guys to Lobster Reef and Chebeh... very nice... i saw turtles at lobster reef, Giant Green Moray, a school of squids and a huge plot of SPS... u will drool at the sight.. but for Chebeh, it is infested with sea urchins and crown of thorns... :( which means that the area will soon be a graveyard for SPS...

• SRC Member
so spend it diving... how else to celebrate your burfday but underwater with all the fishes and corals... but you will have pretty ladies to learn with... what more do you want as a burfday present huh... other than for the fact that the ladies are most probably can see but cannot touch.... :yeah::yeah::yeah:

yeah.. but u probably will have an eyeful.. coz of the bikinis ard.... boy, i love diving.. :whistle