basic open water

terryansimon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

flub13, reefer_guy, terryansimon, benz 'other half', chey42 and to others who are interested,

OrpheusDive's January schedules are out... i strongly reccommend that u try to make the 2nd trip up to Pulau Rawa which is on the 16th up to 18th Jan... Basically, u haf 5% discount off by just being an SRC member.. Plus if u book 2 weeks in advance u get another 5% off... and cash payment will get u another 5% off.. so to fully enjoy diving at this period, they are offering up to 15% off the retail price of PADI Open Water Course... bearing in mind u sign up 2 weeks in advance which is by 27th Dec.. and those planning to clear ur AOW or maybe ur Rescue Course, don't worry they offer the same discounts as well...

-Cheers

• SRC Member
flub13, reefer_guy, terryansimon, benz 'other half', chey42 and to others who are interested,

OrpheusDive's January schedules are out... i strongly reccommend that u try to make the 2nd trip up to Pulau Rawa which is on the 16th up to 18th Jan... Basically, u haf 5% discount off by just being an SRC member.. Plus if u book 2 weeks in advance u get another 5% off... and cash payment will get u another 5% off.. so to fully enjoy diving at this period, they are offering up to 15% off the retail price of PADI Open Water Course... bearing in mind u sign up 2 weeks in advance which is by 27th Dec.. and those planning to clear ur AOW or maybe ur Rescue Course, don't worry they offer the same discounts as well...

-Cheers

hey guys, r we on??? the more the merrier :D:D:D

• SRC Member

just let me know when u fellas are keen and the dates... i try to go...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

-Cheers

I will definitely sign up if the dates suits me... :)

Can only know around 26 Dec. :(

How about you guys?

• SRC Member
flub13

what dates are u looking at actually... u might wanna discuss it wif reeferguy... u guys should go as a group.. the more the merrier...

Due to the nature of my work, I can't take leave to go so I got to pick a date whereby there's some form of long weekend thingy.

Guys...may we suggest meeting up to discuss about it? Do you think there's a necessity? Maybe we meet at Orpheus? Or somewhere downtown like Funan Centre? Bring along cheque books? Or....Lester, I need help here...what is the mode of payment over at your office? :rolleyes:

Reefer guy, you so near them ah? Where are they, exactly? Goody...can help collect the schedule, programs and specs of the courses? :rolleyes: If my next year schedule comes out fast from my boss, then I may sign on your dates since got kaki liao... :P

anyway, Benz...you got to check w your wifey about her schedule. Asap, can? The dates are so imminent... :(

Alright...who else pmed me about it...??? better make your presence be felt NOW!!! ;)

• SRC Member

hi sis....

their schedule shows that dive trips for pulau rawa is only on the 10-11 jan and 17-18jan, so aside from that we have no other choice because they are only having this special discount for the month of january. their terms also quoted that we have to pay 2 weeks in advance so, payment should be made within this week....bob, correct me if i wrong.....

their shop is located at telok ayer st, near amoy market. anyway, as for the specs, programs and scheds, i'll drop by their office and ask a copy if u want....

like bob said, the more the merrier, hope u guys can make it

cheers!!!

• SRC Member

i haven't been to Pulau Rawa, but checking the map I may have passed by it when going to Tioman. And since it's located in the same general direction, wouldn't it still be affected by the monsoon season if shceduled so early into the new year? Tioman normally gets best by April, March Okey, January and February hardcore divers can. But it'sjust like when I mentioned we dive last November towards the end of the dive season, January waters may still be choppy and may not give a very good first impression to hopeful divers especially after spending the weekend feeding our beloved fish the natural way :lol:

just my 2 cents worth, but as I've mentioned, I've never been to Pulau Rawa and everything I mentioned is purely inferred from experience in Tioman/Aur.

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.

• SRC Member

i see, i always thought that for first time divers, i'd rather show them why it's fun to dive, you know 15m viz minimum, with enough things to see even if your just holding on to your rope.

i first dove in pulau hantu, and if not for my friends insisting on going to pulau aur the following weekend the image of dark murky waters would have stayed with me and keep me away from diving. i know because for some in my class, no matter how much i tell them how much nicer it is in other places they wont even hear of it. but then again, i guess p. rawa ain't that bad compared to p. hantu :D

speaking of p. hantu, when i came back there as a more experienced diver, it looked better. it's mostly because you actually swim and not kneeling down on the mud which of course stirs the sediments. so in my opinion, low viz waters is for the more experienced diver to avoid contributing to the murkiness by dragging things along the bottm.

anyway, have fun people. i'll be back from holiday by Feb then we can all dive together. happy bubbles!! :yeah:

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.

• SRC Member

what is the price for the jan trip??? let me know.. can someone pm me on the dates and prices and who else is going? thanks.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Guys...may we suggest meeting up to discuss about it? Do you think there's a necessity? Maybe we meet at Orpheus? Or somewhere downtown like Funan Centre? Bring along cheque books? Or....Lester, I need help here...what is the mode of payment over at your office?

yes.. please do... just drop by.. or reeferguy u could meet up wif them as well, and show them the way.. Lester will be gone from 28th Dec up to 5th Jan.. so if u really wanna meet him either today (friday) or tom (sat) is the time... But i'll be in tho... ;)

• SRC Member

Dun care liao...taking a risk here... :P

still haven't received next year's schedule from Bossy but will be signing up for the same dates w Reefer Guy. meanwhile...it's Safra here I come...to get back into momentum before the plunge... :P

1) Can someone tell me if they are open on 31st? That's my only free day. :(

2) Benz...your wife wanna take up or not? :rolleyes: