basic open water

terryansimon

• SRC Member
ok... i know if the price is cheap then the content of the course also not so kilat.... So i would say is there any good but reasonable charged diving school around with experienced instructors...

diving instructors,water clarity is aso a major if u r goin wif ur spouse.i went to do bow at pulau hantu wif my wife...it was ok for me but not her.water clarity is almost 1m! :shock: not to mention maintainin ur natural buoyancy,the equipments and the all the other factors,for gals tis catastrophobic!my advise if want to do alone can do in spore if wif ur spouse...spend that extra and go to pulau aur or tioman...but wif spore instructors of coz..u n ur spouse confidence level will be slightly higher i would say.. ;)

can try morpheus diving... <_<

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Any diff taking as a certified PADI or SSI??

Not really....

but SSI is not really popular in spore cos if u r working up to instructor level, u cant certified anyone unless u r attached to a shop. that means cannot free lance....

Actually, both SSI and PADI has vey similiar training standards and procedures. As a freelance instructor, you can actually obtain both SSI and PADI Instructor status.

But generally, PADI does lottsa of market reseach on divers's behaviour and they constantly introduce new adventures for divers.

PADI is sort of a premium brand in diving, I guess that sums it all

In States and other parts of Europe, PADI has 65% market shares and in Asia, PADI has close to 90% market shares.

This means that PADI is a more recognised agency and this ensure that no matter where you go, your certification will be recognise.

As for training standards, I am not in the position to compare which agency is better.

But for PADI, it does not matter where you do your course as all the Instructors are using the same standards, the only difference is the style of delivering the information to each candidate.

I choose PADI for my Open Water Diver course because of the ease of it. As a new diver, your concern should be experiencing the in-water experience.

Singapore has the following agencies;

- PADI

- NAUI

- SSI

- BSAC

- DIR

The bottom line is not about selecting which agency but which instructor u are most comfortable with. Diving is a relatively safe sport and for you to truly enjoy it, you must be diving with the right company. Each dive last for only a maximum of 50mins and for the rest of the time, you will be facing the rest of the divers and dive professionals :)

• SRC Member

u miss

-TDI

-SDI

-IANTD

actually dir is a kind of diving technique the agency name is GUE

I beg to defer orpheus said of each dive is only up to maximum of 50 mins

some dives can be extended to more than 60 mins.

And i also agree with him that instructors are using the same standards, the only difference is the style of delivering the information to each candidate.

so DS in spore just lend u the cd rom, some loan u the book and some will package the book with the course make sure u ask b4 u sign up..

• SRC Member
great.... now i get a clearer pic...

if i want to take wif NAUI, where to look for them?

Strange... going against the majority?

• SRC Member

it does not matter whether u choose PADI, NAUI or whatever. The most impt thing is that they teach u how to dive safely.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
agree.... anyone here preparing to learn diving in the near future?

errr.. i think most of us here already have been certified divers. :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
just got back from Tioman... 1 question...

Any diff if i were to take up the course here or Tioman. Other than completing the course in 4days at Tioman... thks...

doubt there is any difference lah... it is the same as if u were to take from one dive operator from another...

• SRC Member

isthe 4 days course from tioman operator???

If yes thats means it is a crash course.

U just go to their classroom listen to the instructor and straight go to the open sea...

Padi open water course actually consist of going through the video, knowledge reviews of the text book/cd roms/fotocopy work sheets 1 written test, 5 confined waters sessions, 5 open waters session.

So u better ask them wat they offering