basic open water

terryansimon

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Thank you for the many compliments of Orpheus Dive.
I would have said the same if other Dive shop gives good instructions and services.

Rather than trying to sell our courses and trips, let me provide you guys with some information on where to dive or when to go for courses.

Do I get discount on my next dive? :P

Personally, I will recommend divers to dive AT LEAST ONCE in Pulau Hantu to experience it. I think it can be pretty enjoyable, especially when it is done as a group outing.
I don't mind trying it out. How much?

Nov to Feb is a good time to do courses in general, as courses are cheaper during this period.

Cheap?? I'm all ears.

For those current divers, do a research and complete your Advanced Open Water Diver course now. It is relatively cheaper.
Cheap AOW? Detail please...

• SRC Member
I would have said the same if other Dive shop gives good instructions and services.

Do I get discount on my next dive? :P

I don't mind trying it out. How much?

Cheap?? I'm all ears.

Cheap AOW? Detail please...

yazid, u are a riot....hahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Hi all,

Happen to read thru this topic, sounds interesting. I would love to join u guys on the course if u all dun mind but I hv a question that needs to be answered by some of the qualified instructors that reads this topic:

I've already took up Padi OW course in mid 1996 in Cairns and hv since stopped diving in early 1998. Between these time, I only managed to go diving about 4times. My question is:

1) Is my license still valid to go diving since it is about close to 6 years since I last dived?? :ooh:

2) Do I need to juz go for the refresher course to revalidate my license?? :shock:

3) Or do I actually need to take up the course all over again?? :cry:

Pls advise........ :erm:

Thanx

i would recommend that u go for a refresher course.. for your own safety... pay a bit more for the refresher course coz it is your life that u are talking abt... likewise, u need to regain confidence on breathing underwater again and recall the drills..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Personally, I will recommend divers to dive AT LEAST ONCE in Pulau Hantu to experience it. I think it can be pretty enjoyable, especially when it is done as a group outing.

Typically, dive shop do two dives a day at Pulau Hantu.

I dun mind giving it a try.. how much? how many dives? is it a day trip???

Hi all,

Happen to read thru this topic, sounds interesting. I would love to join u guys on the course if u all dun mind but I hv a question that needs to be answered by some of the qualified instructors that reads this topic:

I've already took up Padi OW course in mid 1996 in Cairns and hv since stopped diving in early 1998. Between these time, I only managed to go diving about 4times. My question is:

1) Is my license still valid to go diving since it is about close to 6 years since I last dived?? :ooh:

2) Do I need to juz go for the refresher course to revalidate my license?? :shock:

3) Or do I actually need to take up the course all over again?? :cry:

Pls advise........ :erm:

Thanx

andez07;

PADI Open Water Diver certification is for life :)

But considering the amount of dives you have and the time u spent away from diving, you probably want to attend a PADI Scuba Review Course.

Similiar to your PADI Open Water Diver pool (confined) water training, you are taught/refresh all the skills you've learned during your OWD.

And if you need to work on your buoyancy, attend a PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy.

Ask marvellous07, he is diving with only 4 weights now :)

I am sorrie guys. I am not supppose to be selling courses nor trips here. It is forbidden by the founder :)

If you are interested in any courses or trips, please email to lester@orpheusdive.com or speak to any PADI Dive Centres

• SRC Member
Ask marvellous07, he is diving with only 4 weights now :)

:o how many weights was he/she using before? in last last trip, i had seen a diver using 9 weights (including 2 inside the BC)... the weight belt is almost full already.. machiem like magazines loaded with rounds, ready to fire.. :lol:

marvellous07... i do believe that once u get used to regulating your breathing, u can cut down to 3 weights, then 2 weights then 1 weight..

me trying to cut down to 2 weights...

• SRC Member

• SRC Member
i used to go down wif 6 weights.. mi buddy yazid can confirm tat wif u guys.. rite yazid? hehe

congrats marvellous07... if u are comfortable, try to reduce to 3 weights after your check out dive...

• SRC Member

:o how many weights was he/she using before? in last last trip, i had seen a diver using 9 weights (including 2 inside the BC)... the weight belt is almost full already.. machiem like magazines loaded with rounds, ready to fire.. :lol:

marvellous07... i do believe that once u get used to regulating your breathing, u can cut down to 3 weights, then 2 weights then 1 weight..

i have seen an angmoh wearing 2 weight belts 1 end join to the other and putting on like 12 weights.... thats wat i callover weight :D

• SRC Member
i used to go down wif 6 weights.. mi buddy yazid can confirm tat wif u guys.. rite yazid? hehe

Seriously, you got down to 3 weights... I'm impress.

Bob, wanna go AOW at Pulau Rawa in Dec?

• SRC Member
I used 4 weights when I first started learning, then later bought own wetsuit... now use 6 weights!!!! cuz damn bouyant leh

new wetsuits is +buoyant.. i used 5 when i had my new wetsuits too.. but after 1 deep dive to 26M and 3 normal dives of 22M, hey, everything is fine already.. :lol: u need to dive more, to let the wetsuit 'expand"... and force the air spaces in the neoprene out thru the compression from the underwater pressure...

• SRC Member

i have seen an angmoh wearing 2 weight belts 1 end join to the other and putting on like 12 weights.... thats wat i callover weight :D

• SRC Member

i think end of this month, BRS is organising a trip to P. Rawa... if any of u are interested, let me know.. i arrange for u... i'm still considering whether to go or not.

• SRC Member

Flub and Company..

I also interested in Diving...but can't find kakis...

Wah, anybody know that Advertisement abt the Scuba Diving..INstructor..Female on TV...Damn Cho...know which school she is from? :)