my worm killer!

• SRC Member
Hi All,

just to share an amzing thing I saw in my tank today. my yellow tang is eating a bristleworm!! take a look.

wooo... first time i heard about YT eating on worms.

how long you have it? it looks really skinny and hungry. feed it well.

or if you did feed it well but still going skinny, it can be some internal bacteria infections. so take note on that.

happy reefing

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

wooo... first time i heard about YT eating on worms.

how long you have it? it looks really skinny and hungry. feed it well.

or if you did feed it well but still going skinny, it can be some internal bacteria infections. so take note on that.

happy reefing

Hi LaW,

I do feed it, but it seems to be chosey on food... but I only feed once every 2 days...do you think it's enough?

cheers,

• SRC Member
Hi LaW,

I do feed it, but it seems to be chosey on food... but I only feed once every 2 days...do you think it's enough?

cheers,

hmm.. once every 2 days? Isn't it abit too little? :eyeblur: I believe most feed once everyday.

Maybe thats why its eating bristle worms.. it probably will feed on anything thats small and alive. :unsure:

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
Hi LaW,

cheers,

!!! poor fella. of course its not enough mate, my YT is choosy at first too but just give it some time and make sure the pellets size fits its mouth or else they will have difficulties eating.

i feed my fish atleast twice to 5 times a day. i feed alot. if you ever got to see my YT you will know. fat fat. fat fish looks better in my opinion.

of course, ur system & mantainace must be able to manage it. i recommend feeding atleast twice a day with variety. seriously atleast twice.

feed it well!

happy reefing :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
Now that is a rare sight!! Well... I believe its survival instinct is very strong then! ;)

Or its a real food connoissieur! :D

and i wonder if the bristleworm's stings stinged the YT's mouth. :unsure:

if i'm you, i will take note on the mouth for a while.

• SRC Member
!!! poor fella. of course its not enough mate, my YT is choosy at first too but just give it some time and make sure the pellets size fits its mouth or else they will have difficulties eating.

i feed my fish atleast twice to 5 times a day. i feed alot. if you ever got to see my YT you will know. fat fat. fat fish looks better in my opinion.

of course, ur system & mantainace must be able to manage it. i recommend feeding atleast twice a day with variety. seriously atleast twice.

feed it well!

happy reefing :lol:

5 times? You must be feeding Anthias too.. :rolleyes:

True.. actually Yellow tangs are not choosy.. they might be abit timid initial because they are getting used to the environment. After that they eat alot and anything. I feed mine twice to 3 times..

blueray, maybe you should put in some red bamboo algae.. you'll see it start to eat it everyday.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Hi All,

there's anything that I need advice on. I have stacked my LR in my tank but it doesn't seems enough. Please take a llok at the photo and advice me on this matter. can I carry on to stack more or should i stop? thanks for the advice.

post-14269-1205204039.jpg

• SRC Member
5 times? You must be feeding Anthias too.. :rolleyes:

True.. actually Yellow tangs are not choosy.. they might be abit timid initial because they are getting used to the environment. After that they eat alot and anything. I feed mine twice to 3 times..

blueray, maybe you should put in some red bamboo algae.. you'll see it start to eat it everyday.

haha i dun have anthias, but intend to give another try on them.

feeding 5 times because want to make my fish obease especially my regals :upsidedown:

• SRC Member
Hi All,

there's anything that I need advice on. I have stacked my LR in my tank but it doesn't seems enough. Please take a llok at the photo and advice me on this matter. can I carry on to stack more or should i stop? thanks for the advice.

buy and stack more. larger piece is good. or you can try using existing piece and place them more "vertically upright" to give a "more rocks feel" but still i predict you lack of more LRs.