WTS Non Marine: Lenovo Thinkpad X61 with built-in 3.5G modem

Reefme

Hi all, I just signed up for the Singnet broadband bundle that comes with a Thinkpad X61 HSDPA-enabled notebook. Since I already have another notebook, I'm looking to auction this off. Hopefully some bro here contemplating a new ultraportable notebook can bring home this extremely compact workhorse on the cheap. I am expecting to collect it from Singtel in early April. The eventual buyer can come along to collect it from Singtel first-hand (and personally inspect it).

Opening bid is S$2000, first person to bid S$2280 wins it. Here are the specs for the base model:

post-8930-1205768155.jpg

*Image for illustration purposes only. Actual unit does not come with integrated fingerprint reader.

• Intel® Centrino® Duo Processor Technology
  • Intel® Coreâ„¢2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.2Ghz, 4MB L2 Cache, 800FSB)
  • Windows Vista® Home Basic
  • 12.1" XGA TFT display (308mm) XGA (1024x768) TFT color, 150 nits, 4:3 aspect ratio, 300:1 contrast ratio, anti-glare
  • 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
  • 80GB SATA HDD (5400rpm)
  • Graphics Media Accelerator x3100
  • 4 cell enhanced capacity battery
  • Integrated 56K modem/Gigabit Ethernet
  • LAN / Integrated Intel® 802.11a/b/g WLAN
  • No Bluetooth and No Fingerprint reader
  • Thinklight - Illuminates the keyboard to improve visibility in low-light conditions
  • 1xSecure Digital Card Slot, 1 x One Type I or one Type II, CardBus Plus,
  • 1xIEEE 1394 FireWire 400 (4-pin connector; 1394a-2000 standard), 3xUSB 2.0
  • Wireless WAN HSDPA
  • 3 years Next Business Day Onsite warranty
  • Comes with 6-month Insurance against Accidental Damage and Theft!

Please note that this unit does not come with an optical drive. If you need one, you can purchase an external DVD burner accessory from Lenovo. Also note that this is an exclusive model for the Singtel bundle that comes with a built-in 3.5G HSDPA modem unlike local retail models that require a separately-purchased USB or PCMCIA HSDPA modem. To use the built-in modem, just sign up for a 3.5G mobile broadband deal from any telco and slot the telco-provided data SIM card into the modem.

For an additional S$299(to be paid by buyer upon collection at Singtel agent's office), Lenovo will allow you to upgrade the unit to the following, which is a pretty good deal IMHO:

• 2 x 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
  • 160GB SATA HDD (5400rpm)
  • 8 Cell High Capacity battery
  • Bluetooth