peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• SRC Member
i quite like that algae...lol. looks quite nice. my tank, however hard i want algae, NO3 so high STILL NO ALGAE! my snails and abalone are starving because of my algae-less tank T_T have to buy nori and feed them. very ex for a couple of cheap snails...

You could send your cleaning crew to me for feeding... :eyebrow:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hahaha... any tips on getting it right? :eyebrow:

That shot looks overexposed, that's why the green glows like that. But nice wat... Hahaha. :upsidedown:

If you are using a prosumer or dslr, just need to compensate the stepping down the exposure. If using a point and shoot, I think depending on brand and model, you can focus on a darker spot of the frame and press down half way to get the exposure, and frame back the zoa, all the while holding down the button halfway.

Edit: Oops, I meant brighter spot of the frame, to trick the camera into capturing the zoas darker. This is confusing me as well haha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
That shot looks overexposed, that's why the green glows like that. But nice wat... Hahaha. :upsidedown:

If you are using a prosumer or dslr, just need to compensate the stepping down the exposure. If using a point and shoot, I think depending on brand and model, you can focus on a darker spot of the frame and press down half way to get the exposure, and frame back the zoa, all the while holding down the button halfway.

I'm using a prosumer, so I'll give it a try the next time. I'm a noob at photography... thanks for the tip! :paiseh:

very nice zoas collection bro!! keep-it up!!

u just need to tackle the green hair algae problem then ur tank wl be just great...

try some Rowaphos with FR for fast reaction....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

• SRC Member
very nice zoas collection bro!! keep-it up!!

u just need to tackle the green hair algae problem then ur tank wl be just great...

try some Rowaphos with FR for fast reaction....

Thanks! Your tank is fantastic... always looking forward to you posting your pics. Love the Rhizo garden! :wub:

Hmmmm... I was thinking of a more natural way (cheato) for nutrient export rather than Rowaphos, but if I get too frustrated with it I will head in the media direction.

bro.... currently my tank also using cheato since last 6 months.... not much improment on PO4 & NO3 reduction.... the only thing I can see is the cheato over grown very fast..... very frequent I have to harvest it & give to people... too bad, I'm in KL otherwise I can pass to u some portion of my cheato.....

I only see improment & reduction in PO4 after i'm using FR with Rowaphos.....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

• SRC Member
bro.... currently my tank also using cheato since last 6 months.... not much improment on PO4 & NO3 reduction.... the only thing I can see is the cheato over grown very fast..... very frequent I have to harvest it & give to people... too bad, I'm in KL otherwise I can pass to u some portion of my cheato.....

I only see improment & reduction in PO4 after i'm using FR with Rowaphos.....

I think it requires a large portion of cheato for it to be effective... it used to be fine when I have a small bunch, but it doesn't seem to work now that my tank is covered with green hair algae. I'll give Rowaphos a try. Thanks! ^_^

• SRC Member
hi bro, your zoos really looking good!! anyway wat lighting u using? cos i have the( pic 4 )pink zoos but the stalk seem to growing very long <_<

I'm using Illumax T5 HOs, 4 tubes (ATI) 24W. My tank height is only 1 Ft, so sometimes the lights can be too strong for some of my corals.

I think you asked me for frags before, so you can refer to post #409 for the pic. The reds are still available if you are interested.

• SRC Member

Edit: Oops, I meant brighter spot of the frame, to trick the camera into capturing the zoas darker. This is confusing me as well haha.

if you take exposurer off a dark area, the cam will over expose the picture in order to make the darker spot viewable thus whole pic will over expose

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
if you take exposurer off a dark area, the cam will over expose the picture in order to make the darker spot viewable thus whole pic will over expose

Haha... bro... mind breaking it down to simpler terms for me? :paiseh:

• SRC Member

Nice colour. As for the radioactive, try under expose by -1 or -2/3 of a stop.

Anyway I like the way it is now, look radioactive... :eyebrow:

May be you wan to introduce a small size Lawnmower Blenny to help in your algea problem.

• SRC Member
Nice colour. As for the radioactive, try under expose by -1 or -2/3 of a stop.

Anyway I like the way it is now, look radioactive... :eyebrow:

May be you wan to introduce a small size Lawnmower Blenny to help in your algea problem.

Hahaha... looks like its about to nuke, right? :nuke:

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely give it a try.

As for the Blenny, I read it can grow up to 5". :shock: I don't think I can keep one in a nano... what type of snails would deal with green hair algae? The downside is I'd risk them toppling my corals... <_<

• SRC Member
Hahaha... looks like its about to nuke, right? :nuke:

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely give it a try.

As for the Blenny, I read it can grow up to 5". :shock: I don't think I can keep one in a nano... what type of snails would deal with green hair algae? The downside is I'd risk them toppling my corals... <_<

wont grow so fast la... pass to me grow if too big for you. :eyebrow:

i not sure about snail.

• SRC Member
Haha... bro... mind breaking it down to simpler terms for me? :paiseh:

ok,

you do know how to take exposure off your cam right? when you take exposure of a certain area of a photo off your cam you are like telling the cam, you want this part to be viewable thus the cam will make the setting in a way that that area will be of the correct exposure not caring about other areas.

therefore if you take a exposure off a dark area in the photo, that dark area will be corrected to the correct exposure thus making it viewable without taking into consideration of the other part of the photo which will most likely be overexposed..

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
ok,

you do know how to take exposure off your cam right? when you take exposure of a certain area of a photo off your cam you are like telling the cam, you want this part to be viewable thus the cam will make the setting in a way that that area will be of the correct exposure not caring about other areas.

therefore if you take a exposure off a dark area in the photo, that dark area will be corrected to the correct exposure thus making it viewable without taking into consideration of the other part of the photo which will most likely be overexposed..

Ok... starting to make some sense to me now... still plenty to learn from you guys. :paiseh: