How to stick muschrooms to rock?

• SRC Member

superglue gel can work, it helps to keep the yuma in place temporarily, but if current's too strong, chances are it will fly away..

what i do usually is, after using superglue gel, but it in a VERY low flow area, with ample lighting, if conditions are good, the yuma should root itself onto the rock in a matter of days..

but be careful when using glue, not to let the polyps get 'stuck' with the superglue, soem might not recover..

hope that helps, thats how i did it.. :)

other methods include rubberband, netting, which presses the yuma against the rock and it should take root also..

superglue gel can work, it helps to keep the yuma in place temporarily, but if current's too strong, chances are it will fly away..

what i do usually is, after using superglue gel, but it in a VERY low flow area, with ample lighting, if conditions are good, the yuma should root itself onto the rock in a matter of days..

but be careful when using glue, not to let the polyps get 'stuck' with the superglue, soem might not recover..

other methods include rubberband, netting, which presses the yuma against the rock and it should take root also..

Thanks for the advice. Will try putting it in low flow area. Does it like a lot of light? :rolleyes:

sorry to hijack this thread... any specific brand and model of superglue? No toxics ah??

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
Hi guys, can advise me on how to stick my yuma to rock? I have tried superglue but after half a day, the yuma fly of the rock again. Anyways, why did the yuma detach from his own rock in the first place? Cheers

Yumas detach due to many reasons.. usually due to species and colour, it depends on lighting and water flow. Too much or too little makes them detach and fly to a 'better' location.. hopefully.

I dunno about superglue.. but you can try placing it on a rock, then use those nylon net like pieces to cover it with the rock and secure with something. Something like wrapping the yuma to rock with a cloth. The net still allows for light to reach the yuma. The wrapping holds the yuma in place. Put in there for a week or 2. It should stick.

After you attach to rock, better monitor the yuma.. Would suggest you don't place it at the same location.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
sorry to hijack this thread... any specific brand and model of superglue? No toxics ah??

i think loctite is the best so far, other superglue GEL will work too.. but if it detaches again, like what bro arcanehacker said, conditions really doesn't suit it..

i think loctite is the best so far, other superglue GEL will work too.. but if it detaches again, like what bro arcanehacker said, conditions really doesn't suit it..

Yup, realise that all my yumas detach cos flow was too strong. Never had this problem with my other mushrooms. Have moved them to other locations with low flow. Hope good enough :rolleyes: Just wondering what to feed them. Is light enough?

• SRC Member

i feed my yumas and rics with meating food like shrimp and prawn meat.. other than the usual coral food and lights.. :)

i know i sound like newbie (but i am... haha) - but what's loctite and where can i buy it ah?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
i know i sound like newbie (but i am... haha) - but what's loctite and where can i buy it ah?

bro wilson, u where got newbie haha.. ur tank looks good! :D

loctite is a brand of superglue gel that i always use, the tube is blue colour.. can easily get it at any hardware shop.. superglue gel easier to glue frags of corals.. :)

(i also newbie here one) :lol:

bro wilson, u where got newbie haha.. ur tank looks good! :D

loctite is a brand of superglue gel that i always use, the tube is blue colour.. can easily get it at any hardware shop.. superglue gel easier to glue frags of corals.. :)

(i also newbie here one) :lol:

Strictly speaking, i do consider myself newbie in reefing... coz my previous marine tanks are just ermm... kindergarten standard (maciam masak masak).

I only re-started the hobby in jan this year. so yes, newbie.

I'm not being humble, but my tank is just beginning... so need to give it time to grow. I dunno why, but i hope my hobby is not to set up the tank, buy corals, then decomm after 6 months. I wish to keep for as long as i can... But it really takes a lot of discipline. So i'll 'train' myself.

Back to the topic: i'll go hunt around for loctite liao... some of my corals are just dropping off like flies... (btw, is it easy to 'pluck' out the 'sticked' coral ah?)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

i used to have flying mushies in my tank and i din care much about them...they will find a good location and settle there! :D

BUT if you wanna propagate them ...what u can do.....i uses superglue..really...some reefers here will used others type and stick them on rocks.

But its up to ind, i do it during my previous tank....

hope these helps! :D

i used to have flying mushies in my tank and i din care much about them...they will find a good location and settle there! :D

BUT if you wanna propagate them ...what u can do.....i uses superglue..really...some reefers here will used others type and stick them on rocks.

But its up to ind, i do it during my previous tank....

hope these helps! :D

Thanks bro, I just been told to stick a pin tru the yuma to keep it in place. Interesting idea :rolleyes: