Many dead....HELP!!!

:cry: anybody can help me.. I have got new fishes about 10-13 fishes of few types namely the damsels (yellow tail) , clown fish and black damsels(if im not wrong).

ANyway this fishes are cheap 1 buck fishes. Wat happen was the fishes just started dying.. My tank have been set up for weeks b4 the fishes were thrown in.

howeever although the water test was conducted and it was certified ok by my uncle the fishes just kept dying. ANYBODY got any idea. Much appreciated.

P.s I cant upload the pics.. if anyone wants to see my setup pls nothify me. i will send the pics to u. Thanks you to everyone for their kind attention and help!!

Idris

muhdidris@hotmail.com :thanks:

• SRC Member
:cry: anybody can help me.. I have got new fishes about 10-13 fishes of few types namely the damsels (yellow tail) , clown fish and black damsels(if im not wrong).

ANyway this fishes are cheap 1 buck fishes. Wat happen was the fishes just started dying.. My tank have been set up for weeks b4 the fishes were thrown in.

howeever although the water test was conducted and it was certified ok by my uncle the fishes just kept dying. ANYBODY got any idea. Much appreciated.

P.s I cant upload the pics.. if anyone wants to see my setup pls nothify me. i will send the pics to u. Thanks you to everyone for their kind attention and help!!

Idris

muhdidris@hotmail.com :thanks:

u put all at 1 time??? :o:o:o

overloading your tank tend to put your filtration into 'shock', they might not be able to cope with the sudden increase in bio-load. That is probably why many reefers (locally and foreign ones as well) takes months to stock their tank.

Some tend to overfeed due to the number of fishes...so that is extra load to the filtration system you have.

Your tank size is also a consideration. If you have a 6FT tank....10 damsels might not be as great an effect on the system than in a 2FT tank.

That's my reef-keeping exp...hope its helpful

It would be helpful if you let us know

the size of your tank

the skimmer

your filtration system

any other 'toxic' creature in your tank like sea-apple, cukes, anemone...?

• SRC Member

Yup. agree with deep blue. putting so many fish in a tank at one go (especially the smaller tanks!!) will cause the nitrifying baceteria to overload and crash the delicate newly form colony of bacteria. Causing the nitrogen cycle to restart. And in the process of restarting, armonia and NO2 will be produced which is toxic to fishes.

Do not just get your uncle to test, do the test yourself and must know what you are testing for! Read up on the topic. Damsel are very hardy fishes and if they die due to water conditions, the water condition must be quite bad. Check for NO2 and Armonia. If your uncle has a marine tank, tansfer some fishes to his for temp keeping. Good luck. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!! :):)