Blue Spotted Coral Stingray

Hi guys,

New to this forum and this is my virgin post. :rolleyes:

I have a 2 feet marine glass tank with a couple of clowns in them for quite a while, but still not an expert in Marine aquarium. And recently, after my 2ft Redtail Catfish had kicked the bucket, I had actually converted and overhauled my 3' x 2' fiberglass tub into a marine touch pool for Coral Stingray. Currently, I have only live rocks at a corner surrounding the skimmer inlet and outlet and filter inlet, and mostly the whole tub is free open sand bed. Will anyone be able to advise what are the things that may be sensitive in the upkeep of these gracious creature? e.g pH sensitivity, etc... (I have not got the ray yet, but still maturing the whole system)

Secondly, besides shrimps (which will definitely be supper for the Stingray), what are the other alternative scavengers that will help in clearing left over crumbs at the bottom?

Greatly appreciate all advice and comments. Thx in advance. :paiseh:

Welcome to SRC! ^_^

Sounds interesting... how bout posting a pic of your setup?

Thx for the welcome.

Currently I am still playing with the placements of the tubings and stuff, not really settled down yet as I am still trying to fine tune the placements and it looks quite bare right now. :D

Will post the pix in due time.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
updates? elasmobranchs are extremely sensitive to electric and magnetic fields in the water. never use copper in your tank.

if you have that banded bambo shark in the tub, i hope you plan on upgrading soon.

Not ready for the Spotted Stingray yet, as the sharkie needs the space. Moreover the sources cannot get one that is small enough (about 6" or less). Not intending to upgrade soon as my kid is still small, the risk of drowning in a bigger and deeper tub is much higher. If these Babes gets too big, like what I always do for the Golden Trevallys and afew others, I will release it somewhere offshore with good reefs, few Anglers and netters, at times with the help of other divers' friends. :eyebrow: