Anyone using DYMAX protein skimmers?

Any bros using the above skimmer? Please give your comments, thank you very much!

I am using a smaller unit of Dymax, not too bad, except I mod piping of the pump to suck close from the surface. The Venturi Pumps provided, IMO, are rather heavy power drinker @26W for 1200L

• SRC Member
I'm using Dymax LS 10 for my nano tank. You can view the type of skimmate from my tank thread here, pg 2 and 7. I'm happy with its performance so far.

Cool setup bro! And yes the skimmer looks gd! Guess i have to get a bigger one for my 4x2x2 setup, which model would u recommend and what pump should i be using? i mean how many litres/hour pump?

• SRC Member

Thanks! :paiseh: I'm not sure about the performance of bigger models though. You may want to do a google search to check on the specs. Perhaps you'd like to share more about the lifestock in your tank? Depending on how heavily stocked your reef is, you may need to consider getting skimmers that could effectively remove waste from your tank.

• SRC Member

Thanks! :paiseh: I'm not sure about the performance of bigger models though. You may want to do a google search to check on the specs. Perhaps you'd like to share more about the lifestock in your tank? Depending on how heavily stocked your reef is, you may need to consider getting skimmers that could effectively remove waste from your tank.

i've just checked n urs is max 400l. ur nano approx. how many litres? think i might have to get the LS40 1000L max or LS50 1200L max. a 4x2x2 holds about 450 litres of water,oh yes how much u paid for d LS10 and where u got it fm?

• SRC Member

It should be the same... a hang-on type, right? Shouldn't have any problems using it in or out-sump. If you don't see any bubbles at all, it could be that your air intake is blocked (in your case, likely to be filled with water). The tube for the air intake on your pump should be fixed first before putting it in water. I made the same mistake when I did some pump maintenance. Hope it helps.

• SRC Member
It should be the same... a hang-on type, right? Shouldn't have any problems using it in or out-sump. If you don't see any bubbles at all, it could be that your air intake is blocked (in your case, likely to be filled with water). The tube for the air intake on your pump should be fixed first before putting it in water. I made the same mistake when I did some pump maintenance. Hope it helps.

wa piang bro if only u could be here earlier. :( I like siao lang lidat brought d skimmer to n fro d fish shop for testing. So is the little tube that's causing all the fault, walao eh tonite go back must test again, anyway really kum sia bro! :bow: