Long syringe..

• SRC Member

does anyone knows if anywhere selling long syringe or something similar..using it to feed corals at a depth?

anyone knows of any device to buy or make for feeding meat to the corals..? currently i use hands or fish net which is not very effective...

thanks.

• SRC Member
does anyone knows if anywhere selling long syringe or something similar..using it to feed corals at a depth?

anyone knows of any device to buy or make for feeding meat to the corals..? currently i use hands or fish net which is not very effective...

thanks.

Just attach a small acrylic pipe to the tip of the syringe and there you have it. If the tip is of different size, cut an air tube as a union joint. You can get the acrylic tube at art shops @ Bras basar. Oh ya, get the largest syringe from any pharmacies.

• SRC Member
Hi Randy,

I you don't feel like DIYing like Shootsimon said...you can buy the syringe with long tube from LFS....

I recently bought from Chinatown LFS to feed my Sun coral... :peace:

wheres the lfs in china town? :)

• SRC Member
wheres the lfs in china town? :)

Don't have the exact address right now...

But its located on the HDB level 2 next to Chinatown complex(the newly upgraded hawker centre)...there is even a birdge connecting the hawker centre to the HDB..

The pix posted by marcel isn't bad too...but the syringe that i bought has extenable tube is stiff & not flextible...so easier to reach the bottom of the tank...

If u need the exact address let me know.. will have to search for it...

cheers!

PS: If ur sun coral isnt opening... try enticing with frozen brine shrimp...( had the same problem)

• SRC Member

But its located on the HDB level 2 next to Chinatown complex(the newly upgraded hawker centre)...there is even a birdge connecting the hawker centre to the HDB..

The pix posted by marcel isn't bad too...but the syringe that i bought has extenable tube is stiff & not flextible...so easier to reach the bottom of the tank...

cheers!

PS: If ur sun coral isnt opening... try enticing with frozen brine shrimp...( had the same problem)

where do i buy frozen brine shrimps? i only saw fresh brine shrimps at fish farm...which is better fresh or frozen....any place to suggest where to buy the frozen?

thanks.

• SRC Member
where do i buy frozen brine shrimps? i only saw fresh brine shrimps at fish farm...which is better fresh or frozen....any place to suggest where to buy the frozen?

thanks.

one more question: where is the best place to put the sun coral....under shading area , on the sand bed or shine on the lights.....

thanks.

• SRC Member
one more question: where is the best place to put the sun coral....under shading area , on the sand bed or shine on the lights.....

thanks.

Randy

You can find the frozen brine shrimp in most LFS.

Regarding where you should keep the sun coral...

Sun coral doesn't require light as it doesn't rely on light for photosynthesis.

But there is no harm in keeping a lighted place...

Most importantly choose a place where its easy to target feed...

I have put mine on a small flat rock on the sand bed...so that it polyps close to the bottom doesn't sink into the sand

I use a coke bottle to target feed so sand bed is the best position for me...

Cheers!

• SRC Member

cheers!

Just attach tube to something stiff..Like a long chopstick will do the trick.

• SRC Member
izzit the same behaviour with SUper suns? have heard that super suns need to be placed near lights, with strong flow

thanks for the advices...nope never been to the west cause me staying in the east haha..

• SRC Member

try putting them in a hig flow area. then everyttime u feed ur fishes, try flooding food ard the sun corals. this will make them open up. there after u can start feeding them.