help with topping up water

jowenteo

guys i need some help....

can i use those water that came out from those ermmm... u know those promoter at the push cart that tries to promote the "big box"system tapping from the house tap that make it drinkable ? is that a ro/di ? cos i use my ph meter to test the water is 9.0

but i test the tap water is 8.X ...

which one should i use ?

my tank ph is 7.8 and i dunno which water to use or should i add ph buffer ....

im so confused :(

i see in the forum ppl buy distill water to topup....izzit the mineral water or the battery water label as distill water sold in supermarket....?

do i need to add trace element for every partial change for the seawater i get from lfs or everytime for the topup...

hope some reefer can clear my doubt .... anyway thanks to bro out there that taught me target feed my sun coral now i can see the flowers already ...

my tank is a 22gallon tank and i got a med blue tank and yellow tang. heliquin, blenny sand goby, tomato clown and strawberry dottyback....

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• SRC Member
guys i need some help....

can i use those water that came out from those ermmm... u know those promoter at the push cart that tries to promote the "big box"system tapping from the house tap that make it drinkable ? is that a ro/di ? cos i use my ph meter to test the water is 9.0

but i test the tap water is 8.X ...

which one should i use ?

my tank ph is 7.8 and i dunno which water to use or should i add ph buffer ....

im so confused :(

i see in the forum ppl buy distill water to topup....izzit the mineral water or the battery water label as distill water sold in supermarket....?

do i need to add trace element for every partial change for the seawater i get from lfs or everytime for the topup...

hope some reefer can clear my doubt .... anyway thanks to bro out there that taught me target feed my sun coral now i can see the flowers already ...

my tank is a 22gallon tank and i got a med blue tank and yellow tang. heliquin, blenny sand goby, tomato clown and strawberry dottyback....

i suggest u sell the blue tang n yellow tang away. ur tank is way to small to keep them

• SRC Member

check ur KH level first. low kh will result in low ph too. r u using any chiller, if not i suggest u get one. with ur tank size, water perimeters changes too sudden due to topping up of water. as for ur tangs, i see u r ignoring my post. dun ask for help when ur tank run into trouble

oh bro i didnt ignore ur reply juz that i dunno how to take them out and sell...

another reason is that the blue tang still got white spot but has been there for few mths already how to sell ppl with poor condition fish...

i got a chiller and temp is constant at 27.

i also regret getting so big one now... now dunno how to deal with them also ...

wat are the basic test kit i need to buy ? should i get those set am selling ... 58 bucks for set of diff testkit.... but as for the water topup i still cannot find the ans...

sorry bro if u misunderstand me .. my apologies

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• SRC Member
oh bro i didnt ignore ur reply juz that i dunno how to take them out and sell...

another reason is that the blue tang still got white spot but has been there for few mths already how to sell ppl with poor condition fish...

i got a chiller and temp is constant at 27.

i also regret getting so big one now... now dunno how to deal with them also ...

wat are the basic test kit i need to buy ? should i get those set am selling ... 58 bucks for set of diff testkit.... but as for the water topup i still cannot find the ans...

sorry bro if u misunderstand me .. my apologies

u can use a trap if they r greedy fishes. else take out everything n rescape again. the reason y the spots never go away is it stress in ur tank, that y it will not recover. r u keeping any corals? there r alot of test which i feel is important, but if u onli keep fishes, then test for NO3 n KH. i tested my water wkly with these 2 kits. the rest i test once a mth.

thanks bro out there ....

i got a few testkit yesterday ... kh,no2 no3 ,calcium,po4.. will test when i free tomolo...

so topping the distill water need to add anything to the distill water ??

willl try to get a fish trap.. and recommendatio?

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• SRC Member
thanks bro out there ....

i got a few testkit yesterday ... kh,no2 no3 ,calcium,po4.. will test when i free tomolo...

so topping the distill water need to add anything to the distill water ??

willl try to get a fish trap.. and recommendatio?

usually topping up dun need to add anything if u do dose elements wkly.

for fish trap, i use betta box. works pretty well for me. except for radiant n leopard wrasse, the rest of my fishes managed to be trapped by this method. juz need some time n be patient

• SRC Member

distilled water selling in NTUC is LIFE or NTUC distilled water.

$5.70 for life

---2Ft Cube by MarineLife---2008-2009

http://w w w.absolutereef . com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12369

Skimmer: Deltec APF600 feeder by Eheim 1250

Lighting: Solite 150MH 14k

Supplement: Giesemann T5 Razor, Actinic Plus ~22k

Top-up: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

Return: Eheim 1260

Reactor: Skimz FR Rowaphos

---------------------------------------------------------

---1.5Ft Cube by Iwarna---2010- ???

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95312-nano-15-cube/

Tank: 1.5Ft Cube,Sump with Chengai Wood Cabinate

skimmer: Reef Oct Nw110

Return: Eheim 1250

Chiller: Hailea HC150A with feeder Eheim Compact 1000

Reactor: Phosphan with Rowaphos

Lighting: MaxSpec G2 110w,DELighting T5 ATI*2,Giesemann T5 Razor ATI*2

WaveMaker: MP10 VorTech

Top Up : ATO with Tank

-------------------------Your Advice is my Success

Hi guys, just piggyback the thread.

What about those chemical treatments to be mixed into the tap water. Are they any good? I am currently using that temporarily as my R/O filament core life is up. The replacement is costing afew hundreds and I am thinking of surrendering it (actually mainly used for home cooking).

:thanks: in advance for any advise.