OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

the yellow bar on the beautiful asfur angel can vary from being super small, to extremely large!

the super yellow asfur is one of the few fishes in this thread that made a huge first impression on first glance. it'll be a fish i'll always remember and something i wish i could own.

it's amazing because asfur angels are one of the many cookie cutter identical clone fishes where every single one looks the same. so to have an aberrant asfur, is something extra extra special.

some fishes like flame angel, coral beauty, etc can have so much variability and aberrations. the asfur angel is just one of the many fishes that are not. so an aberrant one is many times more special!

post-15755-0-41503800-1318691429_thumb.j

post-15755-0-61826000-1318691497_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

and the ubbbbbberrrr rare white bar variant of the asfur angel.

there also exists a white bar maculosus angelfish that is being captive bred in taiwan. it was a wild caught white bar morph originally.

same as the asfur. however, no success with breeding yet.

post-15755-0-80729100-1318691607_thumb.j

and the ubbbbbberrrr rare white bar variant of the asfur angel.

there also exists a white bar maculosus angelfish that is being captive bred in taiwan. it was a wild caught white bar morph originally.

same as the asfur. however, no success with breeding yet.

Amazing fish and here is the whitebar asfur in a HK FOLWR tank back in 2008. I dun think this tank is still around anymore.

It contain the most amazing fishes like clarion, aberrant tangs, bandits, maze angel, conspic, emperor hybrid, africanus, armitagei etc.

a rare photo of a juvenile Xanthotis angel and the adult.

this is a beautiful species from the red sea region that i really hope to own one day.

not to be confused by the similar looking cream angel.

the white body with a thick black border is stunning! as the juveniles grow, the white part will slowly grow out and push the predominantly black body colouration to the edge, forming a thick, almost picture frame like appearance.

Pretty common in Hong Kong, if you are interested.. Last, I went down, I saw a few pieces in Yat Wong aquarium

• Senior Reefer

how many resplendent angels can you spot in these pictures?

so abundant in the wild. there are probably hundreds of them in some areas.

photos all by peter schmeidel and posted before here.

post-15755-0-19027500-1318744965_thumb.j

post-15755-0-33017100-1318744970_thumb.j

post-15755-0-93991500-1318744975_thumb.j

post-15755-0-86915300-1318744980_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

possibly the rarest and most unobtainable and the most BEAUTIFUL razor wrasse in my opinion.

Xyrichtys sanctaehelenae

you can tell from the name that it's a st. helena and ASI endemic fish that will never see the light of day in the aquarium trade. even if people ever go there, they will only collect the super sought after resplendent angels and st helena butterfly and probably won't give this wrasse a second look!

look at the gorgeous yellow colour! it's like a yellow tang with a razor wrasse shape. and the silver belly is such a gorgeous contrast.

post-15755-0-36029500-1318745450_thumb.j

xanthotis is common in hK?

ok when i go there the next time i'll search for it.

Digi, the soundtrack for those videos are horrible! LOL.

the rarest fish is probably the emperor hybrid.

All are v rare. But yes, the rarest of the rare would be the emperor hybrid.

Looks to be a emperor x ear spot. Show size. Really amazing fish and even rarer than conspic hybrid and clarion hybrid combine.

• Senior Reefer

All are v rare. But yes, the rarest of the rare would be the emperor hybrid.

Looks to be a emperor x ear spot. Show size. Really amazing fish and even rarer than conspic hybrid and clarion hybrid combine.

looks more like emperor x korean to me

a rare photo of a juvenile Xanthotis angel and the adult.

this is a beautiful species from the red sea region that i really hope to own one day.

not to be confused by the similar looking cream angel.

the white body with a thick black border is stunning! as the juveniles grow, the white part will slowly grow out and push the predominantly black body colouration to the edge, forming a thick, almost picture frame like appearance.

Wow this is a really beautiful angel. Hmmm

Any chance we can get the lfs in HK to ship it over for us?

• Senior Reefer

Wow this is a really beautiful angel. Hmmm

Any chance we can get the lfs in HK to ship it over for us?

no idea man.

i want my paucifasciatus again.

my previous pair died and it's so hard to obtain them now.

xanthotis i also want but it's never a priority!

no idea man.

i want my paucifasciatus again.

my previous pair died and it's so hard to obtain them now.

xanthotis i also want but it's never a priority!

We should ordering purple tank and golden butterfly!

LFS should bug their supplier to send us some other redsea fishes. If other countries can get them in their redsea shipment i dun see why we cant. Most likely is we never request for anything else except for purple tang, sohal tang and golden butterfly and our LFS probably thought redsea shipment only have these fishes or singapore reefers only want these three fishes that's all.

NOT TRUE. We want something else like xanthotis angel and pauci butterfly, and also eight line flasher wrasse and redsea regal angel.

• Senior Reefer

i know.

but purple tangs, golden butterflies, sohal tangs will forever be staples in the hobby.

every reefer only want purple tang and sohal tang. they're so common and everyday we have people in the lfs update thread looking for these fishes.

it is with hope that one day pauci and xanthotis will appear in our market.

i know.

but purple tangs, golden butterflies, sohal tangs will forever be staples in the hobby.

every reefer only want purple tang and sohal tang. they're so common and everyday we have people in the lfs update thread looking for these fishes.

it is with hope that one day pauci and xanthotis will appear in our market.

They will always remain popular which is a good thing for redsea shipments.

But for me it has been getting boring to see these same few fishes every redsea shipment. At least once in a while can send us something different right!

• Senior Reefer

They will always remain popular which is a good thing for redsea shipments.

But for me it has been getting boring to see these same few fishes every redsea shipment. At least once in a while can send us something different right!

i am as bored of purple tangs as you are.