OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

This is a juvenile creole wrasse (clepticus parrae).

It will grow huge and ugly!

wah!

so that's how juvi creole wrasse look like!!

i never knew. it's so deceiving. the adults r food fish!

• SRC Member

This is a juvenile creole wrasse (clepticus parrae).

It will grow huge and ugly!

The adult is large but colours not too bad - pink, blue, yellow, black. The juv is certainly cool with the pink.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

beautiful Serranus tico. A small sized basslet that attains max size in the wild at 7-8cm. the beautiful rusty head and white stripes + small size would make this a highly desirable aquarium fish.

it is endemic to the eastern pacific isla del coco. i had initially thought it was the indian ocean cocos (keeling) island where joculators are found, but it turned out to be a different cocos island. did you know there are five kinds of cocos islands? amazing.

so S. tico is out of reach.

post-15755-0-46889500-1376284981_thumb.j

post-15755-0-39991500-1376284987.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Is this angel avalible in singapore before?
This is a moderately rare fish that appears from philippine shipments. It is moderately rare because it is seasonal. It can go missing in the trade for years but then appear one day and flood the market when in season. It has been appearing in singapore in large numbers in the past few weeks
  • Like 1

• Senior Reefer

extremely jealous.

jake adams is recounting his travel to mauritius with me and he mentioned seeing this fish while snorkeling.

WHAT!?

Chrysiptera annulata is a very beautiful "polyzona" damsel. i want one!

snorkel depth - very shallow

damsel - easy to catch

mauritius - we have shipments from there

so that's 3 strikes! i must get one one day!

post-0-0-62899100-1376662627_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-50186000-1376662630.jpg

extremely jealous. jake adams is recounting his travel to mauritius with me and he mentioned seeing this fish while snorkeling. WHAT!? Chrysiptera annulata is a very beautiful "polyzona" damsel. i want one! snorkel depth - very shallow damsel - easy to catch mauritius - we have shipments from there Very nice. The white is solid white so that's 3 strikes! i must get one one day!

• Senior Reefer

pseudocoris aequalis is one of the more beautiful in the genus. the aquamarine hue is amazing in person! i need to find that picture i took from BH.

attenuatus again? forever not coming to singapore. i love the fish too much!

• Senior Reefer

Pseudocoris Aequalis Pair at BH!! V rare fish!

attachicon.gifaequalis male.jpg

attachicon.gifaequalis female.jpg

i found it

here's a quick pic i took of the beautiful male right after it was unboxed. it was the most stunning blue i have ever seen and i had no idea what it was. i never even heard of P. aequalis until that day.

it was a full grown male. 12cm.

post-0-0-36230700-1376704100_thumb.jpg