OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Cheers from Chicago guys. This thread is amazing. I was up until 5AM reading through it.

I dun think this one below is a flammicauda.

attachicon.gif14062006126uk.jpg

We just got a couple of these weird red-tailed dottybacks in, alongside a more typically-colored specimen. I agree that they're not P. flammicauda. I haven't heard back from Dr Gill on this yet, but I'm pretty confident this will turn out to be a variant of a somewhat common species. The opercular markings are the giveaway.

3qjptyj.jpg

• Like 1

This blurry photo is of a fish that was collected in Florida by Dynasty Marine. They had never seen one before, so they asked for our help in IDing it. It took me a night of searching the internets before I came up with the identification. I'll let you guys take some guesses at it before I tell you what it is.

StCcCL2.jpg

There's a revision of this genus online containing the only other photos I know of.

UFbpxWj.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Its semifasciatus season again and as usual, RVS is flooding the market with dozens of them. males are beautiful. Full growm watanabes are more common but also nice.

post-15755-0-60573000-1375054317.png

post-15755-0-29797900-1375054334.png

post-15755-0-42446200-1375054379.png

post-15755-0-20317000-1375054558.png

• Senior Reefer

This blurry photo is of a fish that was collected in Florida by Dy

nasty Marine. They had never seen one before, so they asked for our help in IDing it. It took me a night of searching the internets before I came up with the identification. I'll let you guys take some guesses at it before I tell you what it is.

StCcCL2.jpg

There's a revision of this genus online containing the only other photos I know of.

UFbpxWj.jpg

Welcome joe from old town aquarium! We are excited to have a knowledgable and passionate reefer join this thread. We have featured your fish both here and on reefbuilders before so its exciting to see you here!

The dottyback is unusual and yes it def is not a flammicauda. Different sp complex. I'm sure Dr Gill will get back soon with the ID. He has helped in the past with a few pseudochromis sp.

As for that oddball from Florida, i have no idea. Perhaps digiman or terry will know.

Insane. Chaetodon smithi for sale in Japan last year as well as wild pictures. My favorite species. These were collected via an expedition.

why it was not posted anywhere.. :blink: ...my fav butterfly... :drunk:

• Senior Reefer

an amazing fish.

From Greenwich aquaria. It looks like a highly aberrated Pseudojuloides severnsi, but it was collected from Kenya where P. severnsi is not found. it is likely to be a new species.

post-15755-0-56774700-1375156895_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

beautiful and gorgeous Diamond tail flasher wrasse (Paracheilinus attenuatus).

it regularly makes an appearance in small numbers via african shipments in the U.S. however we never get these in any of our african shipments.

post-15755-0-05155400-1375156960_thumb.j