Good Books on Marine Aquarium

jsoon

• SRC Member

Dunno where to post but I would like to ask all to help.

Do you know where I can get a good book on Marine Aquarium that talks about filteration system as well as care of different species of Marine Fishes ?

I have been searching around major book store around Singapore but no luck.

Yesterday, I saw a LFS shop showing me an "all-bioballs filter system" from a book (title Marine Aquarium - big A4 size greenish blue cover ) but he did not want to disclose where I can get this book. <_<

the best books that you can find at certain locations are as follows.

a) SG Reef Reference

B) Reef Central Reference

c) your neighbourhood library

don't need to spend money on books. just surf, click, type a bit, ask a bit, and go to the library to look for books to verify if need be. be careful of what advice you get online though, because it may not be a 100% fool proof. people like me may tend to give wrong advice *eh at least I admit right.*

and don't ever go to a LFS for advice. and even if you do, take it with a bucket of salt. although I wouldn't mind asking Coral Farm or Marine Life for advice. (=

• SRC Member

For Corals these books are available at the national library. Hot items though... I waited quite a while as the books were on loan. When I finally got them, I enjoyed thoroughly... very informative.

- Aquarium Corals : Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History

by Eric H. Borneman, J. E. N. Veron (Paperback)

- The Reef Aquarium: A Comprehensive Guide to the Identification and Care of Tropical Marine Invertebrates (Volume 1 and 2)

by J. Charles Delbeek, et al (Hardcover)

- A Guide To The Selection, Care and Breeding of

Corals for Mini-Reef Aquarium

by Dr. Herbert R Axelrod (Hardcover)

there are others...

Regards.

• SRC Member
wouldnt it be a good idea to put up an 'online library' where fellow reefers would lend books to each other.. maybe reefers with good books and hearts share it with responsible and trustworthy people....

just a thought.....

Good idea.

However, the forum members will need to come up with a process to track what book is on loan and by who and the due date. And if it is a very popular book, there would probably be a long queue of people waiting...how to service this queue.

... not sure if this is workable though :o