WTS:RED MANGROVE

MAG

• SRC Member

Gd day to all reefers:

I have about 20stocks of red mangrove for sale.

Reason of wts: creating more space in sump for lr + chaeto

Collection venue: yishun

Interested party can sms @ 98453428.

I can send mms pic for those keen in buying.

• SRC Member
Gd day to all reefers:

I have about 20stocks of red mangrove for sale.

Reason of wts: creating more space in sump for lr + chaeto

Collection venue: yishun

Interested party can sms @ 98453428.

I can send mms pic for those keen in buying.

Good Day:

Well basically i was told by seller that red mangrove is from us. more durable and cleaner compare to the local mangrove. As im not expert in this maybe you can do more search on it.

Im looking at $2 per stock.

• SRC Member
hmm, what's red mangrove??

hi sorry i dont have any pic in my computer but if ur keen i can tk pic fr my hp and send it to you.

i think it looks almost like the local mangrove(i guess)

Hi all,

just to clarify, mangroves are a true class of halophilc (ie salt loving) plants which include trees and shrubs that have a primarily tropical range. "Red" mangroves generally refer to trees from the genus Rhizophora, of which Singapore has three species. The one that MAG has if assuming is from the US is likely to be of a diff species. "White" mangroves refer to other genera such as Avicennia spp.

however, their nutrient uptake abilities are slightly less efficient compared to macroalgae, so they might not be as suitable compared to macroalgae in refugia. However, they do make nice displays and create another niche in the aquarium. Hay MAG, if they are well established, (ie. branching leaves) i would like to buy some. Thanks!

Hope that helps

Cheers,

Planua

• SRC Member
Reefzzz red mangrove sump tank

Here's also a link to Reefzzz's mangrove sump tank for an idea of the seed :rolleyes:

Dear all,

Thx alot for helping me to explain the whats red mangrove all about. Actual fact is i myself dont know much about it except that it help in lowering no3.

It grew very well in my sump. Still have about 20stocks.i can send you the pic if ur keen over your hp. Ill be back from overseas on sun nite. Pls sms me your no @ 98453428.

Thx alot again guys..